How to change IS interface font/size?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

How to change IS interface font/size?

Post by Snape » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm

I was forced to switch back to my ancient monitor lately (temporarily, but still). Its best resolution is 800x600, so my list of game profiles simply doesn't fit into the screen now... I mean, the thing that appears once you right-click IS icon in the tray, then choose your game - the menu where you choose one of your profiles for that game. Also, it doesn't seem to have any scroll abilities, unlike Windows programs menu. It would be logical to decrease font size to make it fit... but I fail to see how could it be done. Wiki says "By default, the fonts include Terminal, FixedSys and Bradley Hand ITC. These default fonts are defined in DefaultFonts.XML, which is loaded by the Session Startup Sequence." - but there is no DefaultFonts.XML in my IS installation. I'm lost :roll: Any way to solve this problem?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 am

If you want to link the page you found outdated information on that would help get that fixed.

The fonts are in DefaultSkin.XML in the Interface folder. Adjusting the font size wont scale the Inner Space GUI though.

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Lax wrote:If you want to link the page you found outdated information on that would help get that fixed.
http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.ph ... figuration
Lax wrote:The fonts are in DefaultSkin.XML in the Interface folder. Adjusting the font size wont scale the Inner Space GUI though.
Doh... not just that, but also seems that any changes in this file affect uplink only, without modifying anything in the GUI itself (i.e. the list of profiles) :( So there is no way at all to fit more profiles in the screen?