Sorry to bother you again, but I'm still having a problem...

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm still having a problem...

Post by jojotheslug » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:42 pm

The keybind works perfectly, but I think I need to do something different than windowsize to accomplish what I want. Basically after I got the keybind setup and used it for the first time, the windowsize changed and it forced a resolution reset / screen redraw like when you change the resolution using the settings screen in-game. That's what I want to happen.

Now, though, it's just rescaling the window without forcing the reset / redraw, which is what I encountered when I would use the console to enter the windowsize. I noticed that when I use ISBoxer, it forces the redraw when it resizes the windows for each session. So I tried to take a look through the Default startup scripts and ISBoxer.iss to see if I could find the relevant command(s), but so far I'm coming up with bupkiss.

So, could you point me in the right direction to find the relevant blocks of code so I can figure out what's getting called / executed when the sessions start up?

Thanks Again!
-J

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

ISBoxer doesn't do anything special to force a redraw, actually it does the opposite. It only does special things to prevent a redraw.

I would assume the issue you're having now is due to the windowed mode setting within the game. If the game is in fullscreen mode and Inner Space is forcing it windowed, then resizing the window is not going to reset the display.

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

Thanks for the help!

Post by jojotheslug » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm

It got me checking other issues and it turns out that if I have another window onscreen it screws up the redraw of the window I want to resize! It was a PIA to work around but I finally got it!

Thanks Again!
-Jojo