Keyboard Lag in Diablo 3

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

sodium8301
GamingTools Subscriber

Keyboard Lag in Diablo 3

Post by sodium8301 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 pm

I should preface this by saying that these cases I'm unable to replicate the same behavior by launching D3 outside of inner space.

This issue seems to me to be specific to the Diablo 3.exe and inner space. There are two scenarios that are causing problems for me. The first is on the initial press and holding of any key. This is causing the application to essentially lock up and the fps to drop to 0-7. Strangely, I can go ahead and press another key and the application returns to normal.

The second case is when I simultaneously press more than one key. The application performance gets progressively worse I press more keys. 60 fps with 1 key to 25 fps with 2 keys to 7 fps with 3 keys and so on.

Could this be tied to some sort of conflict between the IS key repeat delay and Windows 7's own key repeat settings. I've verified and experimented with the windows settings for those key as well as the inner space settings with only limited luck. This thread is based off of the default settings for both, though.

Please let me know if I might have missed some information or if this has already been addressed in another thread.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

For anyone coming in later on, this is being discussed on the ISBoxer.com forums http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 872#p22108