I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but...

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but...

Post by jojotheslug » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey There Everybody!

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried a search and couldn't find the info I was looking for... Basically, I'm coming back to InnerSpace after a long time off and I can't remember if there's a function or a method to a Session object that can tell me if a session or the game process attached to the session is not responding (i.e. has crashed). If anybody could let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
-Jojo

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 am

There's not, but here's something you can do...

Send an instruction to the session you want to test, to stop/reset a timer that would otherwise kill it.

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

Welp! That sucks, but...!

Post by jojotheslug » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm

At least there's a work around... It's wierd, though. I could have sworn that a Not Responding popped up in the titlebar of the window. But maybe I'm just on too much crack.

Thanks!
-J

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

Now that I think about it, though...

Post by jojotheslug » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:24 pm

How would that even work? If you've got a script running in a session that after, say 5 minutes kills / closes the session and you send a message to it to flip a boolean... If the session has crashed... Oh wait nevermind!

I am being crackheaded... Have the session send out the variable basically like a ping and have a script on the Uplink. I've got it now! I get it eventually, it just takes me a while.

Thanks Again, Lax!
-J

haunaben
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by haunaben » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 am

Classic watchdog timer from hardware design :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchdog_timer