Connection to lavish software license server failed

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

nanotech14
GamingTools Subscriber

Connection to lavish software license server failed

Post by nanotech14 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:34 am

Hi,
I installed innerspace on my new PC and I get this messagte since this morning. Any idea?
Lame question : do I have to change license if I move innerspace from one PC to another?
I checked the internet connection, firewall, etc...
Thx

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu May 09, 2013 5:27 am

No you don't have to change your license if you move Inner Space from one PC to another.

The only reason you should get this message is if connecting to our servers on port 10101 is blocked by one of the following...
1. Your software firewall (e.g. Windows Firewall)
2. Your internet router's firewall (this is usually not the case as home internet routers don't block outgoing connections by default)
3. Your ISP (if it still works on your other PC on the same network, probably not your ISP; however, some small ISPs have been observed to block this outgoing port until asked to unblock it)
4. A temporary routing issue between your PC and our servers (again if it still works on your other PC on the same network, probably not this one)

nanotech14
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by nanotech14 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 am

Thank you for the quick answer.
I tried all this but did not succeed.
I also have a problem as it says I have a certificate problem when going on your website. Maybe all my problem comes from here : how do I accept/validate your certificate?
Thank you

appleuser
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by appleuser » Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

Getting exactly the same message since the beginning of May. I have checked my firewall, ISP and router as suggested, it's not that.

Any ideas?

appleuser
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by appleuser » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 am

Still getting this error.

I have reinstalled Innerspace completely today, and it's made no difference.

Here is the error message:

(edit: no clue why that image isn't posting, but the URL is there anyway)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu May 16, 2013 11:58 am

You're getting this message when launching Inner Space? Or when launching a game through Inner Space?

If you get it when launching a game through Inner Space, then the issue is most likely your Windows Firewall blocking Inner Space -- within the game process -- from connecting to our server. You would have to un-block the game, from within Windows Firewall.

appleuser
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by appleuser » Thu May 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Hm, it's when I try and launch EQ2 through Innerspace.

Thanks for the response Lax, I use Comodo firewall and have switched it off to check (sadly no change with the error message) but maybe I'll double check the pesky windows one hasn't switched itself on.

It causes EQ2 to go to 'not responding' so I need to get this sorted asap. Will report back!

Thanks again :)

appleuser
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by appleuser » Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Sorted.

You were quite right Lax, I believe it was my Firewall. I uninstalled it and made sure I shut off windows firewall, reinstalled Innerspace and when I finally remembered my fricking password everything worked as it should.

Thanks again, you're awesome! :)