Innerspace ignores pre-startup sequence

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Innerspace ignores pre-startup sequence

Post by Snape » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

I've had necessity to add a pre-startup sequence to my EVE Online profile lately. Added it using IS configuration, but it simply didn't work. I've tried editing GameConfiguration.XML directly, but it didn't help either. I.e. I can add this sequence, I can save it (and it is saved to the xml actually), I can edit it in GUI or in the config file - I just can't use it. It looks like the following:

Code: Select all

<InnerSpaceSettings>
	<Set Name="EVE Online" GUID="1610613581">
		<Set Name="Profiles" GUID="1610613582">
			<Set Name="EVE Online 1" GUID="1610612741">
				<Setting Name="Game">EVE Online</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Executable">exefile.exe</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Parameters" />
				<Setting Name="Path">D&#58;\Games\EVE\bin</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Force Monitor">Application Controlled</Setting>
				<Set Name="Startup Sequence" GUID="1610612751">
					<Setting Name="load">run 1.iss</Setting>
				</Set>
				<Set Name="Pre-Startup Sequence" GUID="1610627256">
					<Setting Name="RGWrapper">run RGWrapper</Setting>
				</Set>
			</Set>
Also, I'm pretty sure that my script is a) working, and b) placed in the correct folder. When I type "run RGWrapper" from IS console, it works like a charm. What can be done about it?

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 am

Additional tests have shown that it actually launches the script, but script fails to launch an executable file (using OSExecute). Funny part is that it lanuches another executable file without any problems! When I try to launch the needed one from IS console in EVE window, it says "OSExecute failed: The operating system denied access to the specified file." I've checked permissions for these two executables, and didn't find ANY differences! Also, I remind that this executable loads from main IS console (one in the uplink) without any problems either.

Win 7 sp1 64bit.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm

In a recent update to Inner Space, OSExecute was modified to correctly follow the LavishScript directory structure. When you use the command from the Console, the Current Directory is the Inner Space folder. When you use the command from a Script, the Current Directory is usually that script's folder! (if it's stored in the Scripts folder, then that means InnerSpace/Scripts).

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 am

You mean it just can't find the file? It's not the case. When I intertionally make a mistake in the executable name, it shows different error message (file not found or so). So it's actually file which can't be launched because of not enough priveleges or smth alike. I've tried to launch IS with admin rights, yet no success...

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, had to abandon the idea of using this prog... got another one. It launches with no probs, but IS keeps launching it every second! According to my tests, this happens with any prog launched by pre-startup sequence. Also, it doesn't matter if I use script, or just put osexecute command into pre-startup sequence directly. Can something be done about it?

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Lax! This osexecute thingie is just a complete solid mass of bug - dunno if it always was like that, or this is property of the new version. Being tired of tests, I've compiled a simple "Hello world" application in C#, and tried to execute it from the pre-startup sequence. Even this simple prog of single Console.Writeline operator did not work!!! I.e. it starts, it opens an empty console window, it does nothing, and these windows keep being relaunched until I close at least one of them manually - then this madness stops. Looks like osexecute just lanuches child process without any simple rights - no wonders nothing works as intended! Can you fix it already, please??

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Tried to avoid that pre-startup completely. Rather, tried to launch both needed progs from the same bat-file, like this:

[eve.bat]
start rgwrapper.exe global
exefile.exe
When I launch it manually, it works like a charm. Though, once I've schanged GameConfiguration.XML into the following:

<Set Name="EVE Online Default Profile" GUID="1610613363">
				<Setting Name="Game">EVE Online</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Executable">eve.bat</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Parameters" />
				<Setting Name="Path">D&#58;\Games\EVE\bin</Setting>
				<Setting Name="Force Monitor">Application Controlled</Setting>
			</Set>
, it just results in the following error message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

........ I wonder, is there at least one way to automate launch of 2 progs at once from inside IS which I didn't try yet? :roll:

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 am

One way to avoid this issue is to just run it via the uplink instead of via the session.

I spent some time the other night working on OSExecute, and really I just need to replace this function with something similar but different.

If you just want to "launch 2 programs at once", put the other program in the "Launch without hooking executable" of your Game Profile?

(And lastly, you cant tell IS that the main executable is a .bat file, which is why that crashes)

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Lax wrote: One way to avoid this issue is to just run it via the uplink instead of via the session.
If you just want to "launch 2 programs at once", put the other program in the "Launch without hooking executable" of your Game Profile?
[/quote]
Neither would work as intended... The idea is: I launch certain prog before EVE starts. It does its dirty work on EVE executable, then quits. Then my [crap] provider cuts the link while I sleep. EVE instances lose connections and restart. Then, for every new EVE instance another instance of wrapper prog should start again, do its work again and quit - without my (i.e. user, manual) interference. It just doesn't work using this "preload executable" trick, I've just tried... it launches wrapper once, when I launch certain EVE profile manually, yet it doesn't relaunch it on EVE disconnect. It HAS to be in the pre-startup I think!
Lax wrote: I spent some time the other night working on OSExecute, and really I just need to replace this function with something similar but different.
Maybe you are right... you know the mechanics, after all, not me. This way or that, can you add this "something similar" anytime soon please? If I've got it right, OSExecute is intented to launch any OS command. Can you add something simplier for now, something like LaunchExecutable (with path and parameters, preferably)? Of course, it shouldn't wait until executable finishes, like batch file does (unless you add "start" prefix before the executable name) - it has to just launch the file and go on to load the main game executable.

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Mkay. I guess it's not so easy to fix after all... Let's try this way :) I'm using IS for almost 2 years, and I'm going to use it while EVE is up and ppl play it (i.e. for several years more, most probably). Can we agree at such a deal: you fix this OSExecute thingie ASAP ("for me personally", if you will), in exchange you raise my account to business level and we agree at some kind of special (increased, that is) payment for me?