Not launching Everquest 2 since last patch.

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Not launching Everquest 2 since last patch.

Post by lazycrafter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I've uninstalled, re-installed, purged the registry and still it don't launch everquest2. It I right click the task icon and bring up the con it says everquest was launched successfully but it never opens.

I deleted all files in the innerspace folder and searched my HD for any other places it maybe and can't find any.

I am running windows 8 and haven't had any issues with it working correctly up until the last patch.

Any suggestions are help on getting it going again?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Last patch of what?

Are you using ISBoxer?

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lazycrafter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:59 pm

I thought I seen IS patching in the past week or two but I could of been wrong. I noticed it not working about a week-ish ago.

Yes I was using ISBoxer but when I uninstalled, I uninstalled everything and just tried using IS. I just did a reinstall and noticed that it never has asked me for my username or pw. Shouldn't it be asking for that or is there a local config file stored somewhere I can't find?

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lazycrafter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm

I've also tried it with the current Everquest2.exe and the last one I downloaded from you and neither one loads.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I thought I seen IS patching in the past week or two but I could of been wrong. I noticed it not working about a week-ish ago.
The reason I have to ask what patched is because you just said "last patch" and I have no idea if this is supposed to mean that EverQuest 2 patched, Inner Space patched, ISBoxer patched, etc.

If you think you are having a new problem due to an Inner Space update, grab a previous build from the Inner Space build archives: https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives
Yes I was using ISBoxer but when I uninstalled, I uninstalled everything and just tried using IS. I just did a reinstall and noticed that it never has asked me for my username or pw. Shouldn't it be asking for that or is there a local config file stored somewhere I can't find?
It's stored in the registry
I've also tried it with the current Everquest2.exe and the last one I downloaded from you and neither one loads.
I don't distribute EverQuest2.exe on any of my sites...

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lazycrafter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Yea, I understand why you had to ask. My mistake for not being clearer.

I'll try the archived build and see what happens.

Yea I was thinking of something else on the eq2 thing.

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lazycrafter » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 am

This is what I've found so far...

I tried an archived copy and it still will not load eq2. I moved eq2's path and it still doesn't load eq2. I've made sure everquest2.exe was set to run as admin.

I then pointed it to the beta copy of eq2 that is on another drive and it worked. So I am a bit baffled as to why it just stopped working on the eq2 live.

I'm in the process of moving eq2 live folder over to the same drive beta is on and see what happens.

lazycrafter
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lazycrafter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Moved it over the the other drive and it worked. I thin moved it back to the drive it was 1st on and it worked...

So in conclusion, I have no idea what happened.