.NET initialization error (code 1 - 80070005)

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

AlexPac
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by AlexPac » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm trying to use InnerSpace with DirectEVE, and I'm running in to some problems.

When I try to use the .NET program using the command "dotnet questor", or by using the script that uses the extention isxstealth, I get output such as the following:

ISXStealth version 20111019 Loaded
Extension 'isxstealth' loaded
We are currently blocking MiniDumpWriteDump
Stealthing isxstealth.dll
Stealthed isxstealth.dll [69b40000][27000]
Dumping script stack
--------------------
-->C:/Program Files (x86)/InnerSpace/Scripts/hiddenquestor.iss:7 main() dotnet questor questor "${charname}";

... What does error 80070005 mean?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 am

It means E_FAIL, you can type this number into google. It's pretty much a meaningless error that means hey something went wrong (and Microsoft doesn't tell us anything more specific in this case), you'll have to try again next time.

This is an age-old problem with the .NET hosting libraries, where sometimes it doesn't load correctly, and other times it does. (And with no specific information about the problem, we know nothing to change.)

I'm told (quite recently) that this problem perhaps no longer occurs with .NET 4.0.
* If you are running Vista or later, you may be able to install .NET 4.0 to avoid this issue.
* If you are running Windows XP, installing .NET 4.0 will not help as .NET 4.0 on Windows XP does not currently operate in Inner Space