EVE Online: Windows 7 Permission/File Writing Issues

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Azereki
GamingTools Subscriber

EVE Online: Windows 7 Permission/File Writing Issues

Post by Azereki » Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I've been struggling with attempting to properly set up InnerSpace and ISXEVE. It appears, however, that I am having some Permissions/Ownership issues that are preventing IS from writing to existing files or adding new ones when running dotnet extensions. I am always running InnerSpace.exe as administrator as well.

I have followed various instructions and tutorials to remove the read-only flag from the folder, run scripts to take ownership of specific folders and manually changed User Permissions all to no avail.

For example, ISXEVE will not write my login info to its appropriate XML file. I can change the XML file myself, but numerous other features that require file writing will not function.

After manually changng the XML file, I attempted to run a dotnet extension, Stealthbot. Stealthbot won't properly create new files required to run and store various profile information and settings.

I hope this is enough information to help analyze and fix the issue, since I am at a complete loss at this point. Thanks!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 am

I neither use nor provide support for bots and hacks so I would prefer you not come here for support for said tools...

As far as file permissions issues, the easiest solution if you're having so many problems is to move Inner Space out of the Program Files folder. Program Files is protected by Windows and can only be written to by programs running as Administrator or with other special access to the folder.

I of course see that you're saying you run Inner Space as Administrator, but many people who have Limited User Accounts enabled in Windows and set User Account Control to "Never notify" also think they are running as administrator because they are on an administrator account... well Windows isn't going to notify them that it wants permission to actually run it with Administrator permisisons on your "administrator" account.

Since I can't see your Windows settings, I have no idea what I could possibly rule out (or in). But, the above should pretty much sum it up.