Can't switch between windows

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Metanis
GamingTools Subscriber

Can't switch between windows

Post by Metanis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Some time in the last week my ability to switch between session windows in Everquest-1 has went away. Most of the week I just single-boxed using WinEQ2, but today I tried to use my InnerSpace multi-box configurations and I'm unable to switch to any of the background sessions.

I can see them running and I can control them with precise mouse clicks so they are active, but I can't get them to switch into the foreground main window. I've tried clicking on the icon in the taskbar, I've tried using Alt-Tab, and I've tried using the familiar Ctrl-Alt-1 or 2 or 3 keystrokes and nothing works. Sometimes you see a flash which would indicate it is at least trying to draw the foreground.

The last time they worked was sometime on Sunday the 8th of April and everything worked normally at that time. Of course there have been Windows patches and Everquest patches and I'm pretty sure I saw an Innerspace patch too since then.

In troubleshooting I've rebooted, I've patched DirectX9, I've updated my video driver, and I've tried various Windows taskbar options like AutoHide.

To make the problem even a bit weirder, in my 3-box configuration I don't even get a foreground window, but in my 5-box configuration I get the foreground and it works normally. In that 5-box configuration, if I use Key-Repeater I can log all my sessions in and they all appear to work normally except for the inability to switch to them. I can hit the Esc key and type /camp desktop and all 5 sessions will quit normally.

I'm running Win7-64 on a hex-core AMD Phenom-II 1090T with 8GB RAM. Win7 is fully patched and is running fine. I haven't installed anything in the last few weeks other than automated software upgrades and patches. I'm kind of stumped at this point.

-Metanis, Luclin server
-Metanis

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 pm

You just need to update ISBoxer to the current version. The fix for this issue came out on April 5, in version 40.2.405.1, and you should get an update notice when you start ISBoxer Toolkit. If not, then in ISBoxer go to Help->About in order to get an update link.

After updating, do an Export to Inner Space and re-launch your team.

From the patch notes (which, sure, is typical to ignore, or to only see for half a second while it patches)
1.11 Build 5578
- ISBoxer Users, please update to build 40.2.405.1 or later if your Window Layout stops working.
And a brief explanation.. this Inner Space build fixed a bug in the scripting language used by ISBoxer. The bug fix found a bug in ISBoxer's Window Layout script, which causes it to stop working. The ISBoxer bug is fixed in 40.2.405.1.

In the future, make sure to check for ISBoxer updates when having problems like this from an IS update. :)

Metanis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Metanis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

I actually saw that message and it didn't "ding" since I haven't changed my layouts in months!

I've done as you suggested and it's working normally now.

Thanks!
-Metanis