Everquest Mac (On Windows)

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

LaZZer010
GamingTools Subscriber

Everquest Mac (On Windows)

Post by LaZZer010 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm playing on the EverQuest Mac server using a modified client on windows and Inner Space doesn't want to play with my abomination. I try to run EQ normally (eqgame.exe patchme) and what pops up is interesting:

The game refuses to run in windowed mode and is always fullscreen. I've tried WinEQ 2.0 and I get the exact same result.

What does work is EQW beta 2.32. Running EverQuest through EQW works without issue. So, I had Inner Space launch eqw.exe instead of eqgame. I push the Start EQ button and this happens:

I know you're going to need more information. I'm not sure what else to post. If I'm way off and there is no way for this to be supported that's fine too. I understand this is a bit unorthodox. Thanks!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:35 am

Macs don't have DirectX, so I'm going to guess that it's probably rendering with OpenGL. That'd probably be why Inner Space doesn't like it at the moment :P

r0rschach
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by r0rschach » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:38 am

It's not OpenGL. The mod involves using a PoP era eqgame.exe that can communicate with the "mac" server. I believe the exeucutable has been modified a bit.

I"d like to see this working as well. I realize it's not supported but if you have any ideas on how to make this work please let us know. I can send you the executable if you are interested, lax.

I believe part of the problem is that it goes to the login screen in fullscreen mode and there is no way to avoid that on this old copy of EQ as far as I can tell.

Without eqw, IS etc it launched looking garbled like that as well but input still works so you can type your password in, hit return twice and make it to character select where it looks normal. Launching through wineq 2, or IS you cannot input anything to type in your password.

The appeal is, the mac server is frozen at early PoP and never got any updates. Would be fun to play there but isboxer has spoiled me.

tbone125k2
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by tbone125k2 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

try directing it to eqgame.exe instead of everquest.exe

tbone125k2
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by tbone125k2 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:45 pm

i meant i tried the everquest.exe and same thing happened. Seems like it should work. Maybe

pab05
Non-Subscriber

Working on this too.

Post by pab05 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:25 am

I just signed up for a free trial to attempt to get Innerspace running on the 2002 client. I still have to remember how Innerspace works. :p I'm farm more familiar with MQ2.

I wonder if I can just use a 2003/2004 compile of mq2 with the 2002 eqgame.exe, if I dig up all the offsets.