DAoC FXViewer KeyUp

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

ingo
GamingTools Subscriber

DAoC FXViewer KeyUp

Post by ingo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm having an issue with the fxviewer windows in Dark Age of Camelot.

It seems when I'm holding a key down when I mouse over a fx window the key stays held down on the window I just left. For things like hot keys this is easy to notice, but with the nature of DAoC I'm constantly holding down shift control and alt. These get stuck down and it makes it hard control the window when things are acting weird, or worse alt or something is held down and I hit just number two and instead it sends alt-two and blows a special ability.

I was wondering if it would be possible to code something into innerspace that tracks key-downs and when I switch to a different window (this is also an issue with alt-tabing between windows) it sends the correct key-ups to the window I just left.

It gets very annoying to have a window get "stuck" and have to constantly press shift alt and control to "unstick" the keys, especially in the heat of battle.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-ingo

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Usually when people have a problem with something in ISBoxer they post on the isboxer.com forums and request a fix. ;)
It seems when I'm holding a key down when I mouse over a fx window the key stays held down on the window I just left.
Depending on the key, yeah. Modifiers will be released automatically; ISBoxer does not currently track the others for auto-release. I have been meaning to address that.
I was wondering if it would be possible to code something into innerspace that tracks key-downs and when I switch to a different window (this is also an issue with alt-tabing between windows) it sends the correct key-ups to the window I just left.
Inner Space already does this internally. If you have a specific sequence that you can describe for me to reproduce exactly the behavior you are seeing, then I can look into fixing it. You're hitting Alt+Tab and Alt remains held in that window? or what?

You don't need to use Alt+Tab to switch between your game instances, by the way. Common modifications: Window switching

Lastly... why are you having to switch windows so much in the heat of combat? ;)

ingo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ingo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Well in DAoC it is definitely NOT releasing modifiers when I move from window to window.

Easy way to see this is set up two free daoc accounts, then use the fxviewer to make one show up as a window inside the main account. Then hold down alt when mousing from one window to the other and back. Now alt is stuck down on the small window and when you move back to it any key you enter into the small window will have alt added to it.

As for the heat of combat thing, I play two toons at once, the bot is a minstrel and I quick switch to it for mez/demez sos and stun. =)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:36 pm

I understood the issue with the Video FX.

My question was regarding Alt+Tab and switching windows