ISInterface::GetPixels() in Custom ISXDX Extension

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

SaufenBock
GamingTools Subscriber

ISInterface::GetPixels() in Custom ISXDX Extension

Post by SaufenBock » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I am writing an ISXDX extension. I am seeing some behavior I can't troubleshoot any further when I try to call the ISInterface::GetPixels() method. The behavior I'm seeing is it always returns false and, as expected, writes nothing into the **RGBCOLOR buffer.

The problem I'm having is it always returns false, I've never been able to get the method to return a populated **RGBCOLOR buffer.

Are there any known issues with the ISInterface::GetPixels() method functioning? Should I expect it to work?

Thanks

Here's some additional information:

I am running on Windows 7 x64 SP1. I am able to successfully call the GetPixel() and the various mouse and keyboard input methods.

I am attempting to call the ISInterface::GetPixels() method in the PulseService(bool Broadcast, unsigned int MSG, void *lpData) function of the ISX project generated by mkisx.exe program included in the ISXDX downloadable.

Here's how I'm calling GetPixels(), xPos and yPos are the position of the mouse from an earlier call to GetMousePos(). I've tried with heights and widths ranging from a single pixel to the entire screen, and hard codeing the xPos and yPos to different areas on the screen.

int width = 5;
int height = 1;

CPixelMap screenShot (height, width);

bool ret;
ret = pISInterface->GetPixels(xPos, yPos, height, width, screenShot.Rows);
printf(" %s", (ret)?"true":"false");

printf("Pixel Returned: %i,%i: %X", xPos, yPos, screenShot.Rows[0][0]);