EQ1 Framerate

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Soapy
GamingTools Subscriber

EQ1 Framerate

Post by Soapy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:18 am

[ Sorry this is in the wrong forum Lax ? I see your sticky! ISboxer forum is blocked by work firewall sadly. ]

Hi guys, I?m hoping you may be able to shed some light on a IS Boxer issue I am having with Everquest 1. I installed IS/Boxer for this first time last night, but wasn?t able to get it to work as intended yet. I?m now at work so cant play around with it, but have been reading the lavishoft forums looking for solutions to try and get things running soon as I get home tonight.

I managed to set up my characters and team and get them to launch correctly. Once ?in game? though (or even at character select) my FPS dropped dramatically to unplayable levels (2-6fps) and I had to quit out.

I?m using a reasonably powerful machine. Only Dual core, but 8gb of ram with a GTX 8800 gfx card, running on Windows 7. I can run 4 instances of EQ normally (without Inner Space) with no trouble and switch between windows instantly etc.. but I have come to Inner Space looking for a solution to be able to cast spells with characters in non-focus windows.

I wondered if I perhaps hadn?t set the core affinities correctly, but each instance/character seems to have both cores selected following set-up via the wizard tool. I tried dropping down to two or even just one account and still the framerate was unplayable.

Having considered what I have read from the forum posts here, I intend to try the following:

- Check gfx drivers are up to date (I think they are though);
Disable x-fire (a shame as I use it all the time, but I see a couple of posts saying it hurts framerate);
- Disable FPS limiting (not sure how to do this yet, but shouldn?t be too hard once I have the programme in front of me ? I?m hoping this is the magic solution);
- Maybe try fiddling with core affinities (although I?m not convinced this will help if I have the problem even with just a couple of accounts running);
- Check all ingame settings are correct, such as allowing re-sizing (although I re-size windows ?by hand? all the time when IS isn?t running, so I don?t think this is a problem).

Any other thoughts on what I could try?

Cheers,
Soap