Could not communicate with [c] to retrive data.

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

townsendre
GamingTools Subscriber

Could not communicate with [c] to retrive data.

Post by townsendre » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:52 pm

For the majority of you this is likely to be quite painful; I am the computing equivalent of the man sat on the veranda, straw in mouth and banjo on knee.

I am running Inner Space and ISBoxer across 3 PCs operating World of Warcraft (wow). They connect via a Belkin router on ethernet cables.

I initially downloaded the various programs and set them up on the 3 machines ( for arguments sake A, B & C). The main PC was A and it exported the settings to B & C.

The set up worked fine and I am very impressed with the way it worked; its a Gucci bit of software!

Unfortunately there came a time a couple of days ago when C stopped receiving any information from A. I could not copy and export information to ISBoxer and Inner Space and it would not load wow via the command on A's Inner Space.

A still communicated fine with B and would load up and export normally.

I have tried the following to resolve the problem:-

checked configuration of Inner Space to ensure incoming connections are enabled; ok.

Pinged (if that the right word!) C from A and it produces a result (though I appreciate that I cannot do it to a specific port)

checked the configuration of settings on B & C and they match (except that the unique names are, of course different)

All machines have McAfee firewall on them; they are all configured the same. Turned off the firewalls and A still cannot communicate with C; neither could B.

Uninstalled and started again. A to B is fine; A to C produces the report "could not communicate with C to retrieve data"

B cannot communicate with C either and produces the same error message.

I have disabled and reinstalled the drivers for the internet card on C. Unfortunately the problem persists.

With the "Start Multiple Computer Helper" on, both A and B are able to see C in the "New Computer from remote" option; however any attempts to add it comes up with the same error message.

Computer C is only used for boxing and nothing else; the last thing I did with it was turn it off after boxing on wow and it was working fine.

I have got Hotkeynet (which I used before the epiphany of discovering ISBoxer) and computers A & C can still communicate with Hotkeynet with no problems.

It may not be ISBoxer or Inner Space causing the problem.

It has been a short walk from the beginning to the end of my expertise; I would be very grateful for any suggestions or assistance. (the complete lack of detail probably doesn't help, sorry about that )
:?