Innerspace / ISBoxer and Everquest vs WinEQ questions

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Devestator
GamingTools Subscriber

Innerspace / ISBoxer and Everquest vs WinEQ questions

Post by Devestator » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:39 am

Ok I've been using WinEQ for a long while now, and I like the way it works. But everytime I ever ask a question about it, people are like you have a pro subscription you should get innerspace and use ISBoxer. So I finally decided to play around with it tonight, and not to be rude or anything but I'm not overly impressed. I cannot find anyway to make a few key features, that make WinEQ so great, work with ISBoxer / Innerspace.

First off let me tell you how I'm set up. I have two monitors, my primary being 1920 x 1200 and secondary being 1680x1050. What I do in wineq is load up a main profile that loads from an EQ folder that has all my INI configs and such for this reso + full graphics sound etc. This is my main character that I'm playing in this window.

Then in my secondary window I tile up to 4 accounts, sometimes with a 5th account in the background. These use a different eq directory than my main account with UI's set up for the 1680 x 1050 reso, and sound off all graphics turned down so they use less resources. These are my boxes.

Now the first thing I cannot find is a way to get rid of the annoying window borders and do a Full sreen emulation like WinEQ does. I hate the borders, they overlap at the edge of one display onto the other and it annoys me lol.

Next I cannot find anyway to set up the tiling so that I can bring a window to full screen if I want to, but not be forced to just by making it the active window.

I like to see all of my characters most of the time, to make sure they aren't doing anything stupid. Sometimes I just need to loot something on one of them really quick or move one around and when I go to it I dont always want it full screen. Then there are other times I need to focus more on one of the boxes and like to bring it to fullscreen. Now I cannot find anyway to do this in innerspace like you can in WinEQ (win EQ you simply bring up the right click menu, go into Tiling and Disaable, or set which tile you want to move the window into).

And also,I'm sure this is a simple one I cannot find anyway to get rid of the FPS text on the eq screens.

Is this stuff possible? I would love to be able to use some of the more advanced features of isboxer like the key mappings and such, but if it's going to require me to have borders and not be able to change tile positions or turn off / on tiling on the fly then I'll stick with WinEQ.

One other thing I would love to be able to do and cannot find anyway to do it in either winEQ or ISBoxer / Innerspace, is to be able to move windows between screens on the fly if I want to. Like if I wanted to be able to move charater a that is loaded in box profile 1 in the upper left corner of my secondary monitor onto my main screen at full screen reso, without having to close down that copy and open a new copy using my main window profile... would be awesome to be able to do. But again, I dont want to be forced into it just by making it the active window...

Thanks for any help / advice on the subject!

Devestator

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Innerspace / ISBoxer and Everquest vs WinEQ questions

Post by Digitalxero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Devestator wrote:Now the first thing I cannot find is a way to get rid of the annoying window borders and do a Full sreen emulation like WinEQ does. I hate the borders, they overlap at the edge of one display onto the other and it annoys me lol.
In the window layouts section there is a check box to remove the borders
Devestator wrote:Next I cannot find anyway to set up the tiling so that I can bring a window to full screen if I want to, but not be forced to just by making it the active window.

I like to see all of my characters most of the time, to make sure they aren't doing anything stupid. Sometimes I just need to loot something on one of them really quick or move one around and when I go to it I dont always want it full screen. Then there are other times I need to focus more on one of the boxes and like to bring it to fullscreen. Now I cannot find anyway to do this in innerspace like you can in WinEQ (win EQ you simply bring up the right click menu, go into Tiling and Disaable, or set which tile you want to move the window into).
I think you need to play with the windows layout section. You can modify the "Swap Hot Character to Main Region" options so it will only happen when you press a hotkey, or use the keycombo Ctrl+Alt+# to switch to that character.

Devestator wrote:And also,I'm sure this is a simple one I cannot find anyway to get rid of the FPS text on the eq screens.
You need to goto the Configure option of ISS, on the General Tab and click the Startup button, select FPS Indicator and click remove

Devestator wrote:Now the first thing I cannot find is a way to get rid of the annoying window borders and do a Full sreen emulation like WinEQ does. I hate the borders, they overlap at the edge of one display onto the other and it annoys me lol.
In the window layouts section there is a check box to remove the borders
Devestator wrote:Next I cannot find anyway to set up the tiling so that I can bring a window to full screen if I want to, but not be forced to just by making it the active window.

I think you need to play with the windows layout section. You can modify the "Swap Hot Character to Main Region" options so it will only happen when you press a hotkey, or use the keycombo Ctrl+Alt+# to switch to that character.

Devestator wrote:One other thing I would love to be able to do and cannot find anyway to do it in either winEQ or ISBoxer / Innerspace, is to be able to move windows between screens on the fly if I want to. Like if I wanted to be able to move charater a that is loaded in box profile 1 in the upper left corner of my secondary monitor onto my main screen at full screen reso, without having to close down that copy and open a new copy using my main window profile... would be awesome to be able to do. But again, I dont want to be forced into it just by making it the active window...
Again this is controlled by the "Swap Hot Character to Main Region" option. So you can swap to the character you like by making it the active character via keycombo then use the mouse to switch to a diff window which will stay in the tiled position.

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:24 pm

odd it duplicated sections of my reply. oops

Devestator
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Devestator » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

I have "Remove border from main window" checked in the layout, but it dosn't remove the border ??

I'll play around with the swap and hotkeys to see if I can get a set up I like with that.

Thanks for the assistance

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:35 pm

I have not had an issue with it not hiding the borders correctly. Are you launching the characters via the Character Set option in the IS menu or are you launching each individually via the verquest menu?

Devestator
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Devestator » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Launching using the character set,

Running on Windows 7 if that matters. Guessing it could be something not working with windows 7, but figured it would use nearly the same code as wineq, which works fine on windows 7 lol...

Devestator
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Devestator » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 am

Well I played around with it for another couple hours tonight and I've come to the conlusion that having it work like WinEQ does is just not possible.

To do what I really want to do (be able to have the screen on the 2nd monitor or move it to the primary on the fly) I would need the ability to switch a window to any region I want at any time. Not just between the 1st session "main" region, and it's designated inactive session region number.

That aside, just trying to get it to simply duplicate the effects of wineq seemed impossible.

It always wanted to have at least one window in the main window. Even if I tried to fool it by adding an extra eq window and then closing it out, it still moved the next session into the main window without the swap hotkey being pressed.

Also once a window is in the main window there is no way to move it back to an inactive window region, you are stuck with it there.

And I still could not get rid of the window borders on the main window. The inactive windows dont have borders so not sure why the main window would, but either checked or unchecked "Remove main window border" there was always a border on the main window.

If someone can tell me how to set this up to work how I'd like it, would love to use it and take advantage of the extra features, otherwise I'm stuck with WinEQ lol.

WinEQ has been bugging me lately because of some of the bugs though, sometimes when zoning a character WinEQ traps focus and the mouse and I have to press my windows hotkey to get the window to release focus and be able to move mouse. And also if I accidentally click the window when this happens, it exits eq immediately lol, highly annoying. Was hoping I could get isboxer to work and it not have those problems :(

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:41 am

And I still could not get rid of the window borders on the main window. The inactive windows dont have borders so not sure why the main window would, but either checked or unchecked "Remove main window border" there was always a border on the main window.
If that doesn't work, it's a bug, and might be related to some other specific options being selected in your Window Layout... probably very specifically related to the "Region 2 is used for Session 2" option, which is the same as "Session 1 has its own inactive slot" not being selected. You can probably change your window layout to a style where Session 1 does have is own slot, and the border will be correctly removed from the main window.
It always wanted to have at least one window in the main window. Even if I tried to fool it by adding an extra eq window and then closing it out, it still moved the next session into the main window without the swap hotkey being pressed.
The reason it wanted to have at least one window in the main region is because the "Region 2 is used for Session 2" option is selected. If Session 1 has its own inactive slot, then all windows have a place to go when none of them are the foreground window.
Next I cannot find anyway to set up the tiling so that I can bring a window to full screen if I want to, but not be forced to just by making it the active window.
To do what I really want to do (be able to have the screen on the 2nd monitor or move it to the primary on the fly) I would need the ability to switch a window to any region I want at any time. Not just between the 1st session "main" region, and it's designated inactive session region number.
What you're looking for should be available within a month or two, but is not a high priority item.