I am so lost.....lol

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Jimbo30217
GamingTools Subscriber

I am so lost.....lol

Post by Jimbo30217 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:18 am

Im not that computer savvy I admit, and Im having trouble setting up Boxer across multiple comps. Are there any videos on how to set it up with a multi comp set up? Im a "monkey see, monkey do" type of person if you get my drift hehe.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am

What trouble are you having? Did you try to follow the instructions in "Using multiple computers"? What step are you having trouble with?

There are no videos for multiple computer setup yet. That will likely come after I finish the multiple computer features in ISBoxer, which will include ISBoxer being able to talk to itself on other computers instead of having to manually set some things up and doing copy and paste over the web or copying files over the network.

It does take some computer savvy at the moment, but if I don't know what part you're stuck on, there's nothing I can explain to you besides "follow the guide".

Also, I see you joined the #ismods chat channel last night -- you should join the #isboxer chat channel instead (it's linked from the ISBoxer page, or it should also be linked where you found the #ismods link), and plan on sticking around for more than 4 minutes. Asking "anyone on?" and waiting 2 minutes before closing the window will usually not result in a response, even if people are around. They are most likely staring at web browsers or playing games, rather than keeping a constant eye on the chat window, and even if they are looking at the chat window, they probably feel they are of no use to you because they assume you are going to ask something they have no idea how to answer. You should ask your question, and leave the window open for a bit, and perhaps someone will know the answer.

eqjoe
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjoe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am

Couple of gotchas when setting up more than one system....

You must enable remote uplink in IS for each system.

You must connect your uplinks.

I box with three systems, so two of my systems are uplinked to my main system where I am working. The two remote systems are not uplinked to each other. For some leaderless setups, you may want to fully mesh your remote connections.

This is easy to setup. Jump on IRC and ask there.

-j

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 am

The connections are handled by ISBoxer