remote relay?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

litewave
GamingTools Subscriber

remote relay?

Post by litewave » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:44 pm

several items... I am still trying to scavenge the pieces of info into a whole, some info easy to come by rest is not so easy lol.

#1 bug?

I am able to use relay just fine on the same pc with multiple sessions, but when i try to send a command to a remotes session, absolutely nothing happens (or appears that way).

Note that -echo's are sent to remote machine(same subnet) just fine.

so:
relay is1 cmd (works)
relay is2 cmd (works)
relay H2.is1 cmd (nada!)
relay H2.is1 -echo "HI" (works)
relay all -echo "grrr" (works)

#2 I can't test random stuff that pop into my mind atm as my work pc only has the games that come with XP :P thus i can't get a session console even if one is started (and yes i tried the other keys) A blank screen app that lets the console work would be nice to be included with IS for this reason :P (handy during those occasional slow times when nada else to do)

can the echo session chat be captured by add trigger? (yeah i should have tested this last night but it didnt occur to me til now) My assumption is yes since echo chat is also sent to the isxeqchatwnd when its loaded.

If not, any easy way to implement it?

This would save me having to write a script for each command i want to send, or a global atom setting a value and a running script checking for changes in value and calling the internal code. Sending a message to game chat so it can be detected and triggered seems to defeat the whole purpose :PP

thanks...

litewave
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by litewave » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 pm

Ok it looks like -noredirect is needed for the commands to work on the remote machine, the examples in wiki do no use that or explain it, but decided to see what it did.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 am

When you relay, the output of the command is sent to the sender, not displayed on the remote session. The -noredirect switch makes it so the output is displayed on the remote session. It should behave exactly the same whether it's on the same PC or on the other PC

litewave
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by litewave » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:58 am

ok thanks. the fact that the tests i was doing had the output showing on the sender screen (ie echo command rather than -echo) rather than the receiver, made me think nothing made it to the other end.

Thanks for the clarification. .'.