DirectX download still not working

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Ludivan
GamingTools Subscriber

DirectX download still not working

Post by Ludivan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 am

I've read previous posts on this and tried solutions. Looks like it was updated by Microsoft on 7/5/07. Allows me to download installer, but hangs after it says "Downloading DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (October 2005( ...". Any help and/or workarounds appreciated. I'm running XP on a clean machine without any firewall/protection while doing the install. :(

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:57 am

The latest Directx 9 is available through Windows Update as well.

Ludivan
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Ludivan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:09 am

OK, for those who have issues and were confused as I was, when you are redirected to the Microsoft page for installing DirectX, go to the bottom of the page. Look for a link that says something like the following:

The DirectX Redist is recommended for those users that do not have internet connection during installation or need to reinstall the DirectX 9.0c core runtime.

From that link, download the redistributable package. Save it somewhere, and then extract the files to a directory. Then, in that directory, you will find an install file (DXSETUP). Clicking that will install DirectX.

Don't know why the Microsoft downloader is not working.

XmDXtReMeK
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by XmDXtReMeK » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:14 am

you neeed DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2007) which is directx_jun2007_redist.exe :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en