practical questions about inner space

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Caeil Citanul
Non-Subscriber

practical questions about inner space

Post by Caeil Citanul » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:16 am

When I first noticed inner space being mentioned on the site, I had no idea what it was, but I saw it was something in development for the future and that I would be entitled to use it at some point.

Every once in a while, I check the inner space web guide to see if it has been updated so I can figure out if it's something I can use. The sections of interest to me still don't have any content yet, but a lot of folks here seem to be using inner space already.

So here's some questions!

What's inner space for?

Is it beta or is it live now?

What can I do with it?

Does it work with wineq2 and does it offer any advantage for multiboxing?

Caeil Citanul
Non-Subscriber

Post by Caeil Citanul » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:32 am

I don't see an edit command, but I just realized I should probably point out that I'm wondering about Inner Space and Everquest. I haven't played the other mmorpgs yet.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:45 am

Yeah, I haven't had time to fill in the rest of that section of the site.

Inner Space is, as is explained on page 1 of the guide, a platform for parasitic development inside games. Surely as an EQ player you have heard of MacroQuest 2. MQ2 is something similar, except it is specifically for EQ1, and isn't nearly as feature rich. MQ2 also compiles into ISXEQ, which is an extension for Inner Space specifically for EQ1. That means in addition to all of the game-independent features of IS, development on the platform can also use the tools that ISXEQ provides.

The simplest answer is that Inner Space is helping people automate gameplay, it's helping them configure their games in ways not otherwise possible (e.g. make something more interesting happen when they press a button). helping them have informational displays.

If the sections of interest to you don't have content, then Inner Space is probably currently too technical for you to want to use. WinEQ 2 probably provides everything you are interested in, in a simpler fashion.

Caeil Citanul
Non-Subscriber

Post by Caeil Citanul » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 am

I've heard of macroquest 2 (and MQ2, I think), but I understand that there's a possible threat of account banning from SOE for using the software.

If this is true (and I have no idea if it is, tbh), would I be in the same situation/danger if I used ISXEQ?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:20 am

Yes, the threat from using ISXEQ is identical to the threat from using MQ2 (which is MacroQuest 2), since it's the same exact thing just built for use with Inner Space.