Key binds

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Grep
GamingTools Subscriber

Key binds

Post by Grep » Wed May 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Is it possible to bind a key that can then be used to call a lavish script?

Basically I am trying to reproduce something like the lazy line of scripts that you used to be able to use in WoW e.g you press a key and the script is called and depending on the conditions at the time fires of an available ability. I have looked through the wikki but can't find anything that indicates that I could :(

Unchayned
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Unchayned » Thu May 03, 2007 6:52 am

Code: Select all

bind runascript "CTRL+ALT+S" "run myscript"
bind scriptwithargs "CTRL+ALT+S" "run myscript ${If[${Me.Class.Equal[Ranger]},ranger,cleric]}
Also see http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.ph ... ct_Type%29

or just type "bind" by itself in the console.

For a guy called Grep, your search-fu is pretty weak :(

Grep
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Grep » Thu May 03, 2007 9:50 am

Thanks for the response, however I'd already found this. My understanding, which may be wrong, is that this reloads the script which isnt what I want. I want to call a loaded script from a bind key, reloading a script each time yuo press a key won't work for what I am trying to do.

jojotheslug
GamingTools Subscriber

I may be off base here, but...

Post by jojotheslug » Thu May 03, 2007 2:09 pm

A couple of ideas would be to create an event that's fired any time you press the keybind. Then add a trigger for that event which would call a function which contains the steps of what I'm assuming is basically some kind of macro.

Another idea would be to define your macro function as a global atom then execute that atom any time you press the keybind.

Just some thoughts. Like I said, I could be completely off base...

Grep
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Grep » Thu May 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks for the response Jojo, having a look at your idea's which seem the way to go:)