Graphix really slow with IS running - fast without IS ?!

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

milamber
Non-Subscriber

Graphix really slow with IS running - fast without IS ?!

Post by milamber » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:50 am

Just got a new laptop and installed EQ2 and IS on it (Dell inspiron XPS). Started eq2 without IS first, and it ran really nice.. like wow that's nice =)
Then I installed IS, patched it and ran it - daaarn slow graphix. Feels like slow moting and it seems like graphix are switching between slow-mo and normal each second.
I disabled Direct3D8 and OpenGL in IS settings for eq2 profile and still nothing. Tried running both no patch and normal to no avail :/

Any tips an tricks? IS is running fine on my stationary..
Graphix card: Geforce 6800 Ultra go 256 DDR3. Intel M processor

milamber
Non-Subscriber

Post by milamber » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:01 am

Ok just noticed that i cant bring up the console either - and yes i have bound it to a key with autoexec.ice in innerspace directory.

I do see the FPS and memory usage in the upper left corner though

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:23 am

This is actually due to your Intel M processor (which varies its CPU speed) in conjunction with the FPS limiting in IS. If you set the FPS limiting to, say, 100+ FPS, you probably wont experience this issue. You can also change your power saving settings, somehow. I saw the same issue with my centrino laptop in WoW

milamber
Non-Subscriber

Post by milamber » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:46 am

Sorry for my ignorance - but where would I insert that setting?
Checked the wiki and I guess it is:
MaxFPS -fg 100
MaxFPS -bg 100

But where do I enter that? Cant seem to bring up the console either.. ;)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:50 am

If you cant bring up the console that would have something to do with your settings. You might have to delete your IS installation and start over (or certain files like Games.XML, Profiles.XML, and scripts)

You can put those commands in many places, the best place being one of the startup scripts.

milamber
Non-Subscriber

Post by milamber » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:20 pm

Ok I put it into preinit.iss under the normal section function. :)
It works WONDERS!
I changed it to 2000 fps though on both since I saw it was going as high as 999 FPS at times and that was when it lagged.

Oh and for my console binding key - computer so new that I had forgotten to remove the switch for Hide file extensions DUH! So the settings file had a .txt in the name which was hidden. - yep that's noobish of me.

Thank you Lax, good and quick support as always.