IS not loading Wow

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

artimer
Non-Subscriber

IS not loading Wow

Post by artimer » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:17 am

I hate posting for help like this, and wouldn't do so if I didnt think it was something extremely irregular, but

After the last update, IS kind of...ignores the fact that I'm trying to load wow through it, and just opens up wow.exe by itself. Console doesnt work, taskbar doesnt say IS-Wow.exe like it used to, it's plain "wow.exe". I havent changed anything, nor moved any files, I tried reinstalling and setting it back up, but it does the same thing.

After reading the release notes and wiki, I dont see anything that says the console has been changed, but I could be stupid and blind...lax, what am I doing wrong?

artimer
Non-Subscriber

Post by artimer » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:20 am

No edit button:

I forgot to mention, when I tried reinstalling and re-adding the game, wow.exe just crashes.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:32 am

The console hasnt been changed, and WoW still works with IS for everyone else.

Delete the Inner Space folder, install it again from scratch. Dont touch anything, dont do any "setting it back up" (I'm not sure what that involved) and WoW should work fine just from launching it. If not, then something on your computer is preventing it from working correctly.

I would scan for viruses and spyware. If that comes up empty, grab WinEQ 2 (even if you dont plan on using it, just do this real quick), launch WoW through that, and it should make a file called SysInfo.txt. Paste the contents here, and I might find something else to try.

artimer
Non-Subscriber

Post by artimer » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:38 am

That got it.

Dont know why it bugged out on me in the first place,

thanks, as always =)