Text to Speech in IS?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

LogicallyRogue
GamingTools Subscriber

Text to Speech in IS?

Post by LogicallyRogue » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:15 pm

Is there any facility for TTS in InnerSpace? Perhaps something like the TTS in Fury - or a plugin?

Thanks!
Aarein Periander: Officer of Novus Orsa
Naeldein: Leader of the Fellowship of the Dead

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:20 pm

Currently no, but there could definitely be an extension and it could of course be built in too. Right now, there's just not as much necessity for it in IS because we can use UI elements and such

LogicallyRogue
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by LogicallyRogue » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:11 pm

Probably MUCH easier for you do create the extension/include in the core since you already have much of that in Fury...

Hmmmm.... I know you are closing in on the IS v1.0 release - but how possible would it be to include speech in the final version? Or to munge Fury's TTS into an IS extension?

Personally - thats what I like about Fury and EQWatcher before that - the ability to interact with the user via sound rather than visual... I feel that there is too much visual already with the UI's and chat windows flying by. EQWatcher gave me another avenue to keep track of the information while not reading every little line....

Besides, when you are near asleep at your keyboard, and in a raid, actually having someone yell at you via Tell, and having EQWatcher scream it back at you via speakers... it really helped ;)
Aarein Periander: Officer of Novus Orsa
Naeldein: Leader of the Fellowship of the Dead

rapierguy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rapierguy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:00 pm

I actually would notmind having something like this as well I've grown accustomed to being able to hear wahts going on in the chats as I play or ifg I happen to be surfing the net for someting and someone sends me a /tell while i'm sitting in the guild hall and I'm surfing the net.

I just started using IS and would love to be able to hear whats going on in guild and such as I look through allt he guides in reagrds to using IS =)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:13 pm

I will revisit this topic after the official release of IS, it's on my idea board as of this posting

rapierguy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rapierguy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:36 pm

kewl thanks Lax =)