Problems loading eq2 with Inner space.

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Problems loading eq2 with Inner space.

Post by Plummibo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:16 am

I have just installed Inner space today and signed up a supscription.

First I stalled the program entered Username and password and it start patched.

Then I got the Inner space icon up down in right corner.

After I right clicked on it and choosed Everques II / Everquest II Default profile, and Everquest II was launced.

Here comes the problems after enter the game. The Eq window still have the same title on the upper bar ( Everquest II (date, time etc etc )) and not the "is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1). And I cant get the console and memory bar up using the commandos.

One of my friends was helping me and saids it looks like eq II is never launced in Inner space.

I have installed Inner space on 2 different computers now and both have the same problems.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:28 am

I assume this is with Windows XP? Do both systems have Service Pack 2 and all windows updates? Can you scan for viruses and spyware just to be sure that's not part of the problem? Have you tried shutting down other running programs just to be sure theyre not part of it either?

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:05 am

Both systems have Windows xp and service pack 2.

I will start scan for virus and spyware on both first.

coming back with infos tomorrow.

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:19 am

Have scanned one of the computer and it is okay. no virus or spyware. And I updated the virus scanner og adware program be4 I made the scan.

I also checked for new windows update and none available.

Still have the same problem. And no other programs than inner space was running.

Dunno with the other computer yet still scanning.

ml2517
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ml2517 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:34 pm

This might not be related at all but... make sure after you get logged into the patcher that you go into game options and make sure that fullscreen mode is unchecked. IS will only work properly with EQ2 if EQ2 is in windowed mode.

Once you are in game you can change it to full screen mode with IS (Don't use the alt-Enter). Use Alt-Shift-N to switch to normal size and then Alt-Shift-F to switch to fullscreen mode.

Also I've seen issues if you don't have your desktop resolution set the same as your in-game reolution.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:30 pm

Well, IS works fine if it's in full screen mode, or there shouldnt be any reason why it wouldnt anyway, unless you're using Force Window. Force Window shouldn't be used in any game that supplies a native windowed mode, like EQ2. You can happily switch between full screen and windowed all you want though, please report any issues with full screen/windowed that dont involve Force Window.

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:27 am

Lax wrote:Well, IS works fine if it's in full screen mode, or there shouldnt be any reason why it wouldnt anyway, unless you're using Force Window. Force Window shouldn't be used in any game that supplies a native windowed mode, like EQ2. You can happily switch between full screen and windowed all you want though, please report any issues with full screen/windowed that dont involve Force Window.
I have only changed the Lock foreground to on. Force window is off. After I logged in today it repatched I tried again, and still same problem.

I tried to install WINeq2 and it running well, so that dont have same problem if that can help a little.

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:39 am

both have Windows xp Service pack 2.
both have all windows updates.
both is virus and spyware scanned with a updated scanner.
both have lock foreground on and Force windows off.

Still same problem on both pcs :-(

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:51 am

If I shut IS down while it have started EQ2 up, EQ2 keep running. On one my in-game friends computer it also shut down eq2.

Maybe that can help.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:50 am

Nope. You can shut down the Inner Space uplink and it wont have any effect on open sessions, other than losing their connection to the uplink.

The problem is... with a clean install of Windows XP SP2, and a clean install of EQ2 on that machine, it works perfectly fine. Something changed or installed on your system is causing a problem, for some reason.

Do this. Run EQ2 through Inner Space, then right click on the system tray icon and select Console. In the console there, type "sessions". It will either say:

Code: Select all

Inner Space sessions
----------------------------
and then nothing, or it will list sessions. Is EQ2 listed?

Plummibo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Plummibo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:42 pm

Inner space sessions
--------------------------------------

and nothing.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:22 pm

Your friend said you're running the Danish version of Windows and would try installing the US version of Windows to see if that changes anything. Any word there?