ini files

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:10 pm

Well, I thought I did as you said, Lax, but im still getting the eqclient.ini file instead of the alternate ini file I want to run off of.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:40 pm

eolewis wrote:BTW, when I type in bind record home record in the console, it says cannot find bind command.....
You're using the main program's console (also called the uplink) instead of the in-game console. These are completely separate and have different sets of commands. You can see the different sets by opening the manual (click "Inner space Manual" in the menu). Under "Tray Program" there is a command reference that explains each and every command for the uplink, and under "Session" there is a command reference that explains each and every command for sessions.

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:47 am

Lax, I hate to revisit this, but I keep giving up on IS, but I would much rather figure this out. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing wrong.

as an example, I have a Sissra.ini file that is my alternate eqclient.ini yet trying to understand what you've been telling me how to get it to work just doesn't sem to be doing the job for me. I have thought I done exactly as you said, yet obviously something is wrong because it's not using the ini file I want it to... (sissra.ini is set to show only iksar models, yet it's only showing ogre models which is in the eqclient.ini)

And I'm sure you can figure out why the renew'd interest in trying to get this dang thing to work properly for me from other posts... hehehe

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:53 am

BTW, I keep going back to what your saying and I cannot understand all the gibbirish being said. I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere.

I just need a clear and cut way to do it with step-by-step procedure.

BTW, if binding VC to home to start and end to end in the game console, does that save it to the profile or does that command have to be typed in every time I start.

Also, does IS play EVERQUEST in the actual full screen mode, and if so, how do I do it? (SoE says screenshots are dark because gamma don't work with windowed mode, though I got an email shortly after saying its because my graphics card isn't supported... WTF? It's listed as supported...)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:49 pm

ok, one last time on the eqclient.ini thing ;)

Alternative #1
1. Do nothing, and eqclient-EverQuest Default Profile.ini is used already
I'm not going to list the other alternative, because it contains gibberish :)

Now.. from the moment you install Inner Space and run it, it already is set up to use separate eqclient.ini files based on profiles. Profiles in IS are very similar to those in WinEQ. The name of the profile dictates what eqclient.ini file will be used by default. For example, if you rename "EverQuest Default Profile" to "Sissra", eqclient-Sissra.ini will automatically be created from eqclient.ini if it does not exist, and used as the replacement for eqclient.ini. Then you can set eqclient-Sissra.ini up how you want it, or simply replace it with Sissra.ini which you already have set up.

Note: If the base WinEQ hotkeys do not work, then neither will the custom eqclient.ini files. Reinstall IS cleanly and they should.

So here's the step by step:
1. Do nothing
2. Do nothing
3. Go to step 1 :)

ok. For binds, etc., they will NEVER save. Everything you type is only for that particular session, and if you close it, you will have to redo everything again next time. The easiest way to redo it is to create a file called "AUTOEXEC.ICE" (it can go in either the IS main folder, or in the "Scripts" folder) and put the commands in that. IS will automatically open that file when your session starts up, and enter each command in the console for you, in order. Thus, if you create autoexec.ice with these contents:

Code: Select all

bind record home record
bind endrecord end endrecord
Then you have effectively "saved" the binds, and they will be there every session, no matter what game you start. You CAN do it per game also, which I will explain if you'd like but for those it's probably not important.

Last question, IS will either "Force Window" or allow EQ to handle the windowing, for all games. This is a toggle in the "General" portion of the profiles. To run EQ in true full screen, you will need to turn "Force Window" off -- it should be off by default, but wouldnt hurt to check and make sure it's off in your profile. Without "Force Window", the game should behave almost exactly as it would without WinEQ or IS. Hitting Alt+Enter should toggle between true full screen and windowed.

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:56 am

okies... I think I understand now... maybe... at least with the ini part... I know once I get it to do what I want, i'll slap myself in the head for it being easier then I am making it out to be

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:30 pm

Just now figured out how to create a profile with IS like I do with WinEQ 2.07... and how to rename the profile there... and also to create a new profile... now if only I can figure out how everything else works.....

gp1001
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by gp1001 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:31 pm

Does IS record video now or not?
I made sure the configuration was set in the Video Capture Tab
I put the following binds in the Console from inside EQ2 and hit enter.
bind record home record
bind endrecord end endrecord
closed the console

pressed the Home key
ran around for a little bit
pressed the End key

closed EQ2
It didnt feel like it was recording any video, no lag nothing.
I cant find the video anywhere if it did record. where is the video saved?
I looking the default install path of IS, I looking my Documents...

Any help would be greatly appreciated