Have some time for some simple answers to simple questions?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Sport
GamingTools Subscriber

Have some time for some simple answers to simple questions?

Post by Sport » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:43 am

Hi, this is the old guy again. I have been crashing (rebooting) when I run the WinEQ2.06 and so I thought I'd give Inner Space a try.

Well, install is pretty simple and I have created several 'profiles' for EQ1 and they get me into the game multiple times (no rebooting) but I can't figure out how to get the windows to resize like WinEQ (or are they even supposed to be able to?) Is this something I will have to learn how to program (which I have negative exp in )).

Also I guess there in very little similar to WinEQ? such as shift - rt click brings up a nice menu for quick window positioning, sys info etc. I know this is beta but I was just wondering if there is a way to use it like WinEQ (as I am not rebooting at the moment) hehe.

Happy Holidays one and all. ))
:D

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:09 pm

You don't need to know anything about programming, just how to press ` and then type. For example, press ` and type "WindowSize 1024x768" and the window size magically becomes 1024x768. Pressing ` again makes the console window brought up with ` disappear. People are working on learning how to make hotkeys in Inner Space to make it seem like WinEQ, but not many have joined in yet. Here's the thread on ismods.com where it's being discussed: http://www.ismods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25

Note that hotkeys to support window resizing/etc are done with a few simple commands, but working with things that are supposed to work in cooperation with other sessions are not as simple ;)

Sport
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Sport » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:45 pm

Yep, this is great. Is there a posted list of these examples (i.e., how to position a window automatically in the various quarter quadrants of the screen like WinEQ?)

Thanx for looking in on the board on the 2d day of Christmas as well. Makes me feel like folks are really out there. ))

Respectfully and wishing yas happy holidays

Sport
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Sport » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:50 pm

Just a quick observation. When I use the "`WindowSize 1600x512" command, it gives me a flattened distorted view, unlike WinEQ. Is this something to do with this being beta or is this 'working as intended'? Just wondering... ))

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:57 pm

This is working as intended and I'll explain what you're seeing.

EQ isn't designed for window resizing. In games that ARE designed for resizing, the game changes its display resolution to fit the size of the window. In games that are NOT designed for resizing, the display resolution stays the same, and the image is simply scaled to fit the new window. Thus, you see the distorted image.

I will add custom display resolutions for the next Inner Space update, which will work the same way WinEQ does (in game you will hit ALT+O, Display Tab, Video Modes, and certain resolutions will be on the list). That's the only way to resize EQ's actual resolution, changing the window characteristics will just scale the image. :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:10 am

I forgot to mention in the 0.54 changelog that some custom resolutions are built into IS now.