WoW Bug

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Bombadil
GamingTools Subscriber

WoW Bug

Post by Bombadil » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:27 pm

ok, this is interesting. Found a bug that appears to cause InnerSpace to temporarily detach from the game. It appears to have something to do with moding the UI. Here is the background:

Download the Nurfed UI from www.nurfed.com
Install

The UI features a counter that is attached to the mini-map that shows how many Soul Shards you have in Inventory. The moment the count changes and is updated, InnerSpace no longer works... kinda...

You cant use the ` button to bring down the console, and the splash text that shows the IS version dissappears. But here is the kicker, if you mouse over something to get the Tool Tip, the splash text reapears and the console is able to be accessed... as long as the Tool Tip is visable. The moment you mouse off the Item and the Tool Tip goes away, so does InnerSpace text and ability to access console until you pull up another Tool Tip.

Wierd Huh

I've narrowed it down to the Soul Shard Counter, this bug doesnt happen on any char other than Warlocks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:22 pm

Weird, but not as weird as you might think :) My assumption is that if you toggle the console, it is in fact operating, just invisibly. So if you type while the console thinks it's visible, it appears to do nothing at all (you shouldn't be able to use the keyboard to open bags, move, etc). So it's not really "detached", just not properly displaying. I'll put something in that may solve this issue. I've been considering reworking how things get displayed anyhow.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:56 pm

Let me know if 0.52 still has this issue