Keys not working

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Barlicon
GamingTools Subscriber

Keys not working

Post by Barlicon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm having an issue that is not really a winEQ problem but maybe someone here can help out.

Several of my keys do not work on login or in game. = \ ' ~ [. The issue of these keys not working goes away if I change my locale settings in winEQ to anything other than US. The problem with that is my client won't connect to the server if locale is not US.

I guess my question here is what setting is changed within eq when I change this locale. Somehow this fixes the issue say I may be able to use that information to fix the issue on US locale.

I'm running win 10 on a new razer blade laptop.

Thanks in advance!!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

I guess my question here is what setting is changed within eq when I change this locale.
All WinEQ does with the setting is add /Locale:<??> when launching the game. For example, /Locale:us.

EQ1 uses Direct Input for keyboard, but technically DI only supports US English. It's possible they are choosing not to use it at all for non-US locales, in which case any Direct Input key translation issues go away. I'll have to look further into the issue.

Barlicon
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Barlicon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:53 pm

That would be great. I've spent about 6hrs on it myself with no luck... I did just notice that the ] key types [ and the \ types ]. So it looks like somehow after P the keys have shifted over 1 space.

Barlicon
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Barlicon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Find anything?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 am

I am in the middle of some pressing updates for ISBoxer which must be completed soon, so no I apologize that I have not had a chance to dig into this yet.

Barlicon
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Barlicon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:01 pm

No worries, was just curious. I'll check back in a couple weeks. Thanks

Barlicon
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Barlicon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Bumping this to keep alive. I haven't been able to find a way to bypass direct input. Still looking