Everquest 1 & TestEverquest.exe

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

audiogarden21
Non-Subscriber

Everquest 1 & TestEverquest.exe

Post by audiogarden21 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 am

It appears that a recent patch (haven't played in a while) broke WinEQ2 for the test server.

Apparently SoE decided to change the executable from testeqgame.exe to TestEverquest.exe. You can see there's a testeqgame.exe.bak file next to the new executable. If you try to run WinEQ2 for Everquest 1 there's an error message that says, "(game path)\testeqgame.exe does not exist. Please correct the path".

Is there any plan to fix this in the near future, or at all? I was looking forward to popping into the game but without WinEQ2 I cannot bring myself to even care to play.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

I believe that's not the case. TestEverQuest.exe to my knowledge is a launcher, and the test server now uses eqgame.exe. You can probably leave WinEQ's option at the default and just point it at the right folder

audiogarden21
Non-Subscriber

Post by audiogarden21 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Lax wrote:I believe that's not the case. TestEverQuest.exe to my knowledge is a launcher, and the test server now uses eqgame.exe. You can probably leave WinEQ's option at the default and just point it at the right folder
I see. Yeah, I just changed it from Test to Normal and everything seems fine.

Thanks for the heads up!