Text compressed in specific lines on screen, not in the wind

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

thyalia
Non-Subscriber

Text compressed in specific lines on screen, not in the wind

Post by thyalia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Using WinEQ2.0, for Everquest, Text glitches in the areas that tiling might be taking place, but I don't use it, or want it and it's making my game unplayable. The text looks compressed and if I move a window, the line of text that looks squished changes but it's always in the same place on the screen.

tattooguy
Non-Subscriber

Text compressed in specific lines on screen

Post by tattooguy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I just bought a relatively new pc with intel pentium g620 @2.6ghz (dual core), 6gig ram running windows 7 hp and installed a geforce 8500 gt i have been using for a few years now and am experiencing the exact same issue that the OP mentioned. along with random compressed or clipped lines of text there is also a graphic lag noticeable when turning or looking up and down by trailing my view behind the cursor. i use mouse look almost exclusively to get around.
my pc previous to this was a celeron le1200 @1.2ghz with 2gig ram and winxp also using the aforementioned geforce 8500 gt. i never experienced this problem when using wineq on my winxp box.
also, as a informational bit, i dont experience this problem running everquest without wineq on my current machine.
i'm hoping someone has an idea what this is cause by or can point me to the proper forum to solve the issue if its already been discussed somewhere else.

Fllintfllint
Non-Subscriber

Post by Fllintfllint » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but after getting a new computer I have been having this same exact problem while using WinEQ 2.0 for Everquest.

There are many lines throughout the screen that squish any text that is along that line. The normal Everquest client does not have the squished lines of text, only WinEQ. I have tried changing many different settings back and forth (EQplaynice etc) but have had no luck in finding a fix to this problem. My old computer has the same exact settings in WinEQ as my current one does, but it still works fine.

Has anyone had any luck finding a way to get rid of this bug?? I would be very grateful for any tips!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:45 am

WinEQ 2 should be allowing the normal behavior of the client. It may depend on the windowed mode setting used on the game; you won't find a setting in EQPlayNice or WinEQ 2 Lite to affect this.

quady
Non-Subscriber

Post by quady » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:19 am

so no idea how to fix?

quady
Non-Subscriber

Post by quady » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 pm

guildy told me of a fix, i adjusted my windowedwith and height in the ini file including the lines about wineq, in my case to 1900 x 1060 so that the window is not going outside the screen, voila no more squashed lines :D

dbgamer23
Non-Subscriber

Post by dbgamer23 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:22 pm

which line did you change in the .ini file?

There are several that show 1920x1080

Any other fixes to this? my old computer didn't seem to have this problem, but now that I've installed in a new one, it seems tobe an issue.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 10, 2015 9:58 pm

It's been over a year so I'm not sure I would expect quady to respond but he did say windowedwidth and windowedheight.