jamie75
Non-Subscriber

Post by jamie75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

confirmed just deleting the eqclient file fixes this issue

jamie75
Non-Subscriber

Post by jamie75 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

and now that is not fixing it.....

one thing I noticed is the one account having issues launches and the icon on the task bar looks like EQs default icon, but the other working accounts has the wineq2 icon

Grimmer1400
Non-Subscriber

Post by Grimmer1400 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (TSR Sean F.) 03/11/2013 10:30 AM
Hello there <grimmer>

Unfortunately since WinEQ is a third party program that we do not develop we have no support information to offer you for the software. My best suggestion would be to contact the developers over at WinEQ in order to see if they can help you resolve this issue or see if they have a newer version available that is compatible with the current EverQuest build. I apologize for any inconvenience.

The reference number for this ticket is< ticket number >. Please use this number if you need to refer back to this contact for any reason.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues and I will be happy to assist you. Give us a call at 858-537-0898 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 7 pm Pacific time.

Thank you.

Sean F.
Technical Support Representative
Sony Online Entertainment
Customer By Web Form (grimmer soe) 03/09/2013 03:15 PM
Ever since i bought RoF on this account , i can no longer use the only real boxing windows platform out there.. Wineq.. EQwindows is slow, unfriendly to a boxer and lags so bad that you'd need a nasa computer to run it decently. SO.. I use WinEq pro, and have for years, but now Your game has it host locked out. I can load it in normal laucher patch, but stops any form of decent multiboxing usage. I dont want a Costomer tech with the generic crap about test this, run that, reinstall it all, Trust me ive done it, and know much more about it then you do... Just forward this to your tech people before my yearly subscription is completely wasted cuz you cant fix anything right the first 5 times through. IE it is a known issue, and many others are experiencing it, and it is totally eq related, (refusing to load)

Error Timeout occurred ; is the code thrown.

Wineq
patchme
and several other boxing platforms that have been around for years are all interrupted by this issue.

Memnoch9299
Non-Subscriber

RE SOE Support

Post by Memnoch9299 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Were you able to figure anything at all out? For me only 1 account out of 12 has this issue. The 11 others work fine, just the 1 that won't let me log in with WinEQ 2 but works fine with the patcher. I was considering uninstalling and reinstalling EQ but if I can avoid that hassle and find a solution that would be great. Please let me know what, if any work arounds you may have found

Grimmer1400
Non-Subscriber

Post by Grimmer1400 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

dont waste your time uninstalling eq, or deleting ini files, ive done it 50 times,and it hasnt changed anything. It worked before for about three days, then it went back to the timeout crap

jacksj1
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by jacksj1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 am

Posted the following on the official forums :

Hadn't played for three years. Have around ten accounts.

Every single one logged in fine use eqgame.exe UNTIL I paid for latest expansion.

Same with every single account. Log in fine using eqgame.exe right up until I bought the new expansion for that account.

Not sure what changes this makes.

Tried changing passwords. Doesn't work for me.

Can anyone confirm or deny the association ?

lenir
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lenir » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 pm

having the same problem the account which doesnt have the updated expansion no problems other account wont let me login and when i log in via the patcher it shows me however many bad logon attempts i had.

has there been a resolution to this issue?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:20 am

lenir wrote:having the same problem the account which doesnt have the updated expansion no problems other account wont let me login and when i log in via the patcher it shows me however many bad logon attempts i had.

has there been a resolution to this issue?
As this also happens without WinEQ 2, there is no known resolution to the issue other than logging in via the EQ patcher.

The patcher seems to update their internal database in a way that logging in without the patcher does not.

lenir
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lenir » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 pm

would it be possible to get a refund for the sub i paid for yesterday? i just assumed it would work as before and have been in the habit of paying for it when i play eq. but if its broke its not of any use to me

thanks

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Of course. Anyone looking for a refund within 14 days of payment can just go to the My Account page and click the refund button

lenir
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lenir » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 pm

thanks hey does you issboxer suffer from this as well?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:57 pm

With ISBoxer you can use the patcher instead of launching the client directly; so no, it does not.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:10 pm

WinEQ 2 has been updated as of now to once again support the new EverQuest patcher (LaunchPad.exe) and enables the Patch option.

If you get this issue trying to log in to an account when the Patch option is OFF (launching the client directly), try setting the Patch option to ON instead (launching the LaunchPad)

fitzmonkey
Non-Subscriber

Re: Timeout Error

Post by fitzmonkey » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm

I hate to necro this thread but i am currently having this issue. It seemed to start up after a windows update that installed on my pc. Oddly i can login into 5 of my 6 accounts with no problem. I have not tried to go back to an earlier install of windows to see if it would work. If i have to wait for another windows update before the problem is resolved. That is fine. I am wondering if anyone has come up with a definite solution to the problem?

Mannwin
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Timeout Error

Post by Mannwin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 am

It isn't related solely to logging into the game. WinEQ itself has trouble starting up/initializing. If i am lucky to get WinEQ to start, then each time I load an account it also suffers from delays and possible failures launching.

I saw mention of IBM Cloud issues. If so, I know IBM changed some firewall settings. Perhaps WinEQ needs an appropriate update to handle?