CPU Affinity?

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Skizard
Non-Subscriber

CPU Affinity?

Post by Skizard » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:50 am

With the changes to EQ1 now setting it's own affinity should we trust Sony's method or keep using WinEQ? Just wondering if it mattered.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 am

http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtop ... 5101#15101
Lax wrote:Ok I'm told that's from the EQ patch notes, I was originally thinking you were talking about the WinEQ feature that rotates cores for EQ sessions.

That makes the answer as follows:
1. The feature they just added to EQ has been available and in use by WinEQ for a very long time.
2. The feature they just added to EQ could potentially assign a different core than WinEQ is assigning. There may be a WinEQ update to fix that.
3. When using WinEQ after said update, the WinEQ feature will override the EQ feature when enabled. When disabled (with or without any WinEQ update), the EQ feature will perform as intended.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:10 pm

As far as mattering, I'm not sure it will ever matter, but it depends on SOE's implementation. I haven't checked it out yet, since it's likely to be fine to use either. You can always find out for yourself by trying it with WinEQ's setting off, and then on, and I suspect you probably won't notice a difference. If you don't notice it, it probably doesn't matter. :)