wow duel screen

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

bentable
Non-Subscriber

wow duel screen

Post by bentable » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:39 pm

i haven't use wineq for a long time. i was just wondering if wineq can support 2 wow on two separated screen on full screen mode smoothly? i know u can do this without wineq, but inorder to do this you have to switch into window mode move the window to the second monitor then put it into full screen. also by doing this, the 2nd wow that is open will run very snuggish. by all means i don't have a pos computer, it is pretty decent. my current computer spec is a 2.66 duel core p4 with 2 gig of ram and a 8800 gt 320 mb.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:56 pm

If you drag a window to your other monitor, there's a good chance that it's going to be software rendered, meaning it uses your CPU instead of the video card and makes your entire system very sluggish.

WinEQ does support launching sessions on a monitor of your choice (but not dragging the window to the other monitor), for Pro users. As a Lite user, you may need additional software. In the end it's not up to me to support dragging the window to another monitor. Direct3D does not support this natively because the two monitors could be handled by two physically separate video cards, and video resources (textures, the backbuffer used to display the window, and so on) are allocated to a specific video card.

Under Windows Vista, you can drag the window to another monitor, as long as the monitor is handled by the same video card (I'm making an assumption about it having to be the same video card, I haven't tested this with two cards, just dual outputs). It may also require using the Aero interface. I believe this works because the Aero interface is fully 3D rendered, and this could mean that the same system chugging would happen when dragging non-3D windows (e.g. web browser, as opposed to WoW). So one option is using Windows Vista. But I'm just mentioning this, not suggesting you switch to it.

With Windows XP, your best option for dragging windows to the other monitor is to use a free utility available from your video card manufacturer. If you have an NVIDIA card, you should be able to go into the nView control panel and enable monitor spanning -- nView is installed when you install the video drivers from the NVIDIA web site, as I understand it. If you have an ATI card, you would need to download and install HydraVision from the ATI web site ( http://ati.amd.com/products/Hydravision/index.html ) and enable monitor spanning.

bentable
Non-Subscriber

Post by bentable » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:25 pm

thx for the help .. and i guess i will get the pro version :)