Unable to use WinEQ2

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

decad
Non-Subscriber

Unable to use WinEQ2

Post by decad » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 am

Hi, I just downloaded and extracted WinEQ2 to ProgramFiles\WinEQ2

When i double click WinEQ2.exe, it starts by patching then it encounters an error message after sometime.

The error message is

" Could not successfully retrieve new file LavishPatcher.exe(-16). Aborting Patch. You may continue using the software."

After clicking OK.

The icon appears on my taskbar.

After awhile it appears the following error message :-

"WinEQ was unable to initialize at this time. The connection with the server timed out. Please try again"

What is the reason for this error message?

Is it due to my firewall?

I am using a hardware Barricade Firewall from SMC.

There is no options to allow access to "lavishsoft.com"

I can enable NAT Access if I have the following info

Trigger Port = ???
Trigger Type = I am assuming TCP
Public Port = ???
Public Type = I am assuming TCP

I tried searching the FAQ and forums regarding ports. I am sorry if I miss out on a post somewhere.

My friend who introduced this software to me have no problems and he doesnt have a clue how to assist me with the problem.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:55 am

Actually, it may have just been our server acting up a little bit this morning. There was apparently some latency earlier that stopped a few people from being able to use the software, so just try again and it should work properly.

However, if nothing has changed...
You dont need to change anything with your router (forwarding, etc), as the connections are only outgoing. Your firewall should not be a problem, but you can certainly try temporarily disabling it to see if it makes a difference. I'm not sure what would help unless your ISP has poor reliability or latency.

decad
Non-Subscriber

Post by decad » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi, I disabled my hardware firewall and use the native Windows XP Firewall.

I cant connect as well.

Everyone else seems to be able to connect..

Any ideas?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:50 pm

Well, the only remaining possibility is the amount of latency and packet loss between you and the server. I can see that your ISP uses a proxy server farm to handle web, so that would explain the difference between browsing our website and connecting to our license server. I can also see that performing a traceroute to your actual IP address shows some packet loss on the singnet networks. This packet loss is undoubtedly the source of the problem. I imagine that if you perform a traceroute from your local computer to lavishsoft.com, you will see that packet loss as well. Generally such packet loss is solved by the ISP within a few hours, but can take a day or two.

Dinkrus
Non-Subscriber

Post by Dinkrus » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:24 am

Hi-

I am having the same issue, but have been using this software for some time now. I have not changed anything in my settings or added any firewall software, so I cannot identify where the issue resides.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!!

~Dinkrus~

Dinkrus
Non-Subscriber

Post by Dinkrus » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 am

Sorry for the second post, however I wanted to thank you for such a great product as well as further describe the issue I am having today as it's different from what was occuring yesterday. Today I am receiving a "Could not verify Lavish Software account information (-16)". This has occured once in the past and seemed to resolve itself within a could of retry's, howevre that doesn't seem to be the case today.

Thanks again,

~Dinkrus~

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:49 am

Sorry for the second post, however I wanted to thank you for such a great product as well as further describe the issue I am having today as it's different from what was occuring yesterday. Today I am receiving a "Could not verify Lavish Software account information (-16)". This has occured once in the past and seemed to resolve itself within a could of retry's, howevre that doesn't seem to be the case today.
Well, this actually differs in that he just installed fresh, so I know his copy of WinEQ 2 is current. I dont know that with you, and your particular copy of WinEQ 2 might just be one of those that stopped patching. Grab the WinEQ 2 installer and install over itself -- you do not need to uninstall, and this will not change or replace your current settings, it will just refresh the files. Someone in the US on Comcast should not have timeout issues with the server...