Accidentally closing wineq

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

rolean
GamingTools Subscriber

Accidentally closing wineq

Post by rolean » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:19 pm

I have used 1.38 until the 10/27 patch. I was forced to switch to 2.0 because of the mouse change thing. Now, after I started using 2.0 I've been accidentally hitting the exit button from the right click menu on the title bar. For some reason, when I use right click for movement someitmes it opens that menu. I've patched winEQ and I have latest drivers for mouse, and it only started happening when i switched to 2.0. I s there any way you could get rid of the menu that pops when you right click the titlebar of wineq (the one that has reset window, system info, Exit)??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:07 pm

The menu is brought up when you shift+right click, or when you right click on the title bar. I would assume you're pressing shift at the time it comes up and this is what's confusing you. You can disable this by opening the WinEQ 2 preferences window, and under EverQuest, Hotkeys, find the context menu in the list and replace SHIFT+RCLICK with NONE. I'll probably remove it anyway since you dont need to release the mouse to right click on the titlebar anymore.

rolean
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rolean » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:31 pm

Yes, I see what you mean. I disabled the right click in-game menu by just changing the hotkey, but my problem is when i bring up the menu on the title bar, not in-game. Any eta when this feature will be removed?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:36 pm

Oh. I removed the hotkey, but I cant remove the context menu entirely! I'll see what I can do.

rolean
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rolean » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:43 pm

By the way, I mean the titlebar as the top one where WINEQ 2.12 ... shows up, not the one on the taskbar (the one in the bottow of the screen). Pretty sure you understood, but just to make clear =)

Pentacle
Non-Subscriber

Same here

Post by Pentacle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:02 am

I have also been having this problem. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the previous context menu hotkeys. It defaults to Shift+RButton, but I put it something that I'd never use, like Ctrl+Alt+P so that the menu would never bring itself up. Unfortunately, since the EQpatch changed the mouse usage to system-based, the context menu appears (either from title bar, or even in the middle of the screen) without doing or pressing anything but the left and right mouse buttons... even if the mouse is dead center!

Rare case scenerio, it'll automatically exit the program via menu without me even seeing the menu come up. Other cases, I'll see the menu and have a chance to avoid it. Whether or not the title bar is in the screen's focus is irrelevant. The mouse's position is irrelevant. All I have to do is quickly move my character around using the left and right mouse button and I get that infernal menu.

If you can create an option to completely disable the menu (title bar and all) or remove 'exit' from it, or perhaps figure out what's going on, that would be great. =)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Not that I'm not going to do something about this, but I *highly* doubt it's selecting exit without showing you the menu. Some people are reporting a problem with custom buff windows and the alt key, maybe that is affecting you?

Pentacle
Non-Subscriber

Post by Pentacle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:18 pm

I don't use custom anything--just the plain ole UI. If it's not selecting the menu's exit, then it's pressing the 'X' button on the menu, which is out of screen. Before I reset the windows to hide the titlebar, my windows would frequently get repositioned when I used mouselook. I can't explain it but to say that perhaps the mouse isn't being fully controlled by EQ when using mouselook, or there's some kinda ghost mouse that runs off when I start clicking.

Pentacle
Non-Subscriber

Err...

Post by Pentacle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:21 pm

'X' button on the titlebar, I mean.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Actually, now that you said something about mouselook, this makes far more sense.

The mouse is allowed to go anywhere by EQ while you're using mouselook, it's just invisible. Then it's repositioned afterward. I can fix that.

rolean
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rolean » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:44 pm

I think that is what happening Lax. When I move NE pointing the mouse and do a series of click sometimes I hit the X on the titlebar, other times when i move North and click the menu comes up and I can avoid it, but I also use arrowkeys so sometimes I hit Exit on the titlebar menu.