Zoning with 2 boxes open

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

JBird
GamingTools Subscriber

Zoning with 2 boxes open

Post by JBird » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:17 pm

I do have a problem that I try searching for for the last hour. What happens is that I have 2 boxes open and then when I zone it wipes out the second box's Skills and Hotkeys in the game itself. The First box works flawlessly.

I have 2 installs of EQ and have 2 profiles when I load up.

I want to subscribe but I want make sure it's going to get the job done first.

Thanks
JBird.
JBird naked as always

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:44 pm

Uhh... first I've heard of a problem like this. Post sysinfo.txt

Ungzaba
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Zoning with 2 boxes open

Post by Ungzaba » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:31 am

JBird wrote:I do have a problem that I try searching for for the last hour. What happens is that I have 2 boxes open and then when I zone it wipes out the second box's Skills and Hotkeys in the game itself. The First box works flawlessly.

I have 2 installs of EQ and have 2 profiles when I load up.

I want to subscribe but I want make sure it's going to get the job done first.

Thanks
JBird.
Seen this - seems more as if the cnt or alt key are perma pressed down. You are perceiving those windows to be going away when really, with the alt or control key depressed combined with, what you have mapped your movement keys to (bet you have the typical FPS maping like me) W, S, A, D.

Since you still have normal mouse movement, reloading your UI corrects this issue. No clue what causes it though.

Ungzaba
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Ungzaba » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:39 am

doh, can't edit and that last post sounded like complete gibberish.

Let me try again.

What I suspect is happing is that either the control key or alt key, (im not sure which), behaves as if it is being held down. When that behavior (the held down alt/cnt key), combined with normal FPS style movement binds and pressed, they toggle the tool bar up top as well as a few other default UI boxes. My theory is your perception is that the boxes are disappearing when in fact, simply you trying to move around as you normally would is toggling the boxes. :P

As I mentioned before, reloading your UI corrects the issue, if it is the same issue, I have seen.

JBird
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by JBird » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:23 pm

Fixed it. My Config files were Read only.

Thanks guys for the help
JBird naked as always