Beta Release 4 coming Wednesday

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Lax
Owner

Beta Release 4 coming Wednesday

Post by Lax » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:01 pm

We will be preparing to release the 4th beta version of WinEQ 2.0 tomorrow, which introduces most of the rest of the old feature set of WinEQ and fixes a few things.

Here's the current changelog

Code: Select all

2.0 B4
- Did a lot of work on mouse handling
- Made some changes so that the EQ window can update correctly at all times (zoning, loading, etc).
  Hopefully this doesn't cause too many problems
- Picture-in-Picture should be fully functional, please report any issues you find with it
- Tiling is mostly functional (auto-tiling is partially functional, everything else is good to go)
- Minor UI improvements (prefs window and context menus)
The list is subject to change and there's things I fixed and forgot to list. I will likely be finishing tiling support before updating.

TODO as of right now includes...
- Global Activation hotkeys
- WinEQ Command line parameters for auto-starting stuff
- Auto-tiling
- EQPlayNice integration (which will include patching)
- WinEQ manual
- Web sites and Help in context menu
- Something to dump WinEQ and EQ settings to disk for posting to get help with issues
- Non-english hotkey fixes, key dropdown box
- Black screen auto-fix (when possible, like WinEQ 1.38 does)
- Option to save current window settings to a preset

I really need more feedback from everyone that has tried WinEQ 2.0. I want to know what your favorite things about WinEQ 2.0 are, and what your favorite things about WinEQ 1.38 are. I want to know what your biggest complaints about WinEQ 2.0 are and I want to know what your biggest complaints about WinEQ 1.38 are. I want to know if the description provided for each and every setting in the preferences window is sufficient for the least computer literate users (e.g. could be explained a different way to make it more clear, or called something else), etc.

I'm doing my best here with WinEQ 2.0, so toss me a few complaints or some praise about something so I know what direction to take things. Thanks :)
Last edited by Lax on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

ok

Post by toptek » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:42 pm

Global Activation hotkeys how soon

how about setting it up so we save our setting to disk A drive

cant think of any thing esle atm . :))

toptek
Non-Subscriber

o yea

Post by toptek » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:44 pm

Will we be able to start a new EQ form Content menu . i hated the fact i really couldnt do it in WInEQ 1.38 :))

toptek
Non-Subscriber

Re: o yea

Post by toptek » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:47 pm

toptek wrote:Will we be able to start a new EQ form Content menu . i hated the fact i really couldnt do it in WInEQ 1.38 :))

ERR SORRY ment the one that we right clicked to get in game .

and i love the new content menu its great.