code -12

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

zhandar
GamingTools Subscriber

code -12

Post by zhandar » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:18 am

Getting the following message when i attempt to open an everquest session. Sure its prolly something silly i'm not seeing but here goes.

WinEQ was unable to initialize at this time (-12). Please try again later.

this is with eq2b1 and just updated and got b2 and still the same problem

Checked the following part of the ini file in the wineq2 dir and its the right location (i think) and its default as installed by the eq2 installer.

[Profile1]
EQPath=c:\program files\everquest
EQClientINI=.\eqclient.ini

linkmaster
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by linkmaster » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:42 am

Updated my settings here too with the latest version...Getting the same errior (-12)

[Profile1]
EQPath=f:\everquest\
EQClientINI=f:\everquest\eqclient.ini

When you click on everquest and then start everquest are we supposed to be able to choose the profile somehow?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:57 am

My apologies on the -12 error. This is caused by having an older Lavish.dll in c:\windows. You can copy the one from the WinEQ2 folder to c:\windows and it will work fine (this is solved in B3).

You can leave EQClient.ini as ".\eqclient.ini" and it will use the one in the current everquest folder

The profile isnt selectable in B1 or B2, but is in B3. I was working on the preferences system before a bunch of the little things. Disabling sound and not running the patcher were also not available. The "EverQuest" submenu, which is now "Launch EverQuest" will simply contain the names of available profiles, and you will pick one to launch the game.

B3 will be available in a couple hours, and then I will release another version later tonight.