WinEQ with muiltiple monitors

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

banchicawawo
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ with muiltiple monitors

Post by banchicawawo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm

So what I'm looking for is pretty basic I think. Back in the day I used ISboxer/InnerSpace for EQ1, but I think it's really quite overkill for my needs.

I just want 2 windows/FullScreen instances of the game, one on my main monitor, and a 2nd on another one of my monitors so I can see both instances at the same time and can easily cursor back and forth. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get WinEQ to do a full screen instance on the left monitor (or any other than primary for that matter).

I tried to negate offset the X coordinate by -1920, but it wont' let me put in a negative value, and I don't see an option to select a monitor.

Second, is there a way to let WinEQ use the same UI files I already have rather than having a singular one for all logins using WinEQ? I had to set everything up from scratch when I logged in with WinEQ, and additionally, it means all my characters are using the same UI, but sometimes I have my casters and hybrids with different placement since some characters have spell gems, pets, etc.

Thanks,

Gio-Cefalu

banchicawawo
GamingTools Subscriber

Figured out the window issue

Post by banchicawawo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:10 am

So, after going through the settings multiple times, I finally found how to control this, and it was right in front of me the entire time.

When you are looking through the profiles for an individual game, there is a section for "Monitor" that is set to "Application Controlled" by default, but you can change this setting to Primary, Secondary, Third, or Fourth (not sure if it goes higher than that, but I only have 3 anyway).

Of course, after getting used to boxing with the screens overlaying each other, I now prefer it this way and just use the fast switching to get between instances anyway.

Figured I would post my findings in case anyone else is glancing over the setting (I think I was looking at the actual setting for Application Controlled rather than looking at the actual setting name for Monitors, but maybe that's just my rationalization :)