FPS sucks with EQ1

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Ishtass
GamingTools Subscriber

FPS sucks with EQ1

Post by Ishtass » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:01 am

I've noticed that when using wineq my focused framerate is choppy. When I alt-tab away the framerate is way better. Only happens when using wineq so I know it's not a setting in the vanilla EQ instance. I also am using the same eq options ini for graphical settings.

I've made sure EQPlayNice is not enabled.

I've had to stop using wineq and will not resub if this continues, something is cutting the fps too much.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 am

Uhhhhh

WinEQ doesn't do anything different in foreground vs background, especially if you have disabled EQPlayNice.

If you're using *ahem* EQ1-specific hacks, you should probably try disabling those as well. For example, some people are surprised when one that is labelled "FPS" happens to affect their FPS -- mind-blowing, I know. :)

Other than that, I would try shutting down other running programs, particularly if you have something with a gaming overlay running (but not necessarily limited to those).

This is for ISBoxer, but the same things generally apply performance-wise: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate (This is the guide we created specifically for issues like this)