Hotkey Combo's

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

Hotkey Combo's

Post by rekre » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 am

Hey guys, need a little help.

I'm not sure whether this is a windows thing or something related to my language settings (Danish) but it's getting frustrating-

When I hit AltGr+2 to type @ it will maximise number 2 WinEq session, altho I can't find this combo anywhere in WinEq2 ??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 am

You can be forgiven for not knowing this, because it is a bit weird.

AltGr is a special key that presses Ctrl+Alt -- so you actually need to look for Ctrl+Alt+2 in the WinEQ 2 settings, rather than AltGr. This would be in the Preferences under EverQuest, Hotkeys, toward the bottom.

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rekre » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 am

Lax wrote:You can be forgiven for not knowing this, because it is a bit weird.

AltGr is a special key that presses Ctrl+Alt -- so you actually need to look for Ctrl+Alt+2 in the WinEQ 2 settings, rather than AltGr. This would be in the Preferences under EverQuest, Hotkeys, toward the bottom.
Ok, but ctrl+alt+2 etc is what I actually use to swap between my eq windows.

I did not know this, is there another way around, or will i have to live with it

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 am

Seeing as it's technically the same Hotkey (by design of Windows since at least the 90s), yes you're definitely going to have to choose between having Ctrl+Alt+2 to bring up window 2, or Ctrl+Alt+2 to type @.

If you're not actually typing a @ that often while playing, you can likely paste a @ when needed, instead of typing it with AltGr+2.

Otherwise, Shift+Alt+# is a reasonable alternative for the Global Activation Hotkeys

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rekre » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:00 am

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me, now that I got you...

I seem to have afew keyboard issues since I upgraded to win 10, and it might not at all be related to wineq, but maybe you can help-

So I got a Danish keyboard, and when I use the Æ key If I use it while having WinEq2 loaded it will skip thru EQ sessions??

also, when I run around with the arrow keys, and recieve a tell EQ will stop for a second or 2 and I cant use the keys ??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 am

So I got a Danish keyboard, and when I use the Æ key If I use it while having WinEq2 loaded it will skip thru EQ sessions??
WinEQ has Ctrl+Alt+Z and Ctrl+Alt+X assigned by default to rotate between windows. Your Æ key might use one of those? Try changing these Hotkeys and see if that changes.
also, when I run around with the arrow keys, and recieve a tell EQ will stop for a second or 2 and I cant use the keys ??
Ummmm.... don't know what to tell you on this one. No way for WinEQ 2 to know when you got a tell, so I don't know why keys wouldn't work temporarily either.