WinEQ2 will not stay minimized or minimize with mouse click

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Oymentrubel
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ2 will not stay minimized or minimize with mouse click

Post by Oymentrubel » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am

WinEQ2.15 will not not stay minimized. This includes sessions started using WinEQ2.15 as well as the preferences without any instances running. I have done a clean re-install of WinEQ2.15 and it still will not minimize with a mouse click. When I use the Windows command (windows key + M) or the show desktop button to minimize all programs, WinEQ will maximize when I select other programs. I am using Windows 7 Pro (x64) with a 6 core processor. I had to upgrade from a dual core comp that also had Win7 Pro (x64) also and did not have the same problem. I realize the problem lies with my system but I have exhausted my knowledge. Any constructive input would be appreciated.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 am

Hmm.

Do you have multiple monitors?

The only thing that really comes to mind as far as un-minimizing is that sometimes Windows happens to re-activate the window you were just in if you minimize all and then click something that doesn't focus a window. This would make a game window or the WinEQ 2 preferences restore.

I'm not sure of other causes at the moment

Oymentrubel
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Oymentrubel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:58 am

Only 1 monitor and the "failure to minimize or stay minimized" only occurs with WinEQ 2. It is very confusing and annoying. I posted in the hope some tech wiz would be able to figure it out eventually. I did not expect an answer right off the bat but hope was there, lol.

Oymentrubel
GamingTools Subscriber

Update

Post by Oymentrubel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I have discovered that the failure to minimize only occurs when more than one instanced is open. This could be caused by Windows 7 locking the multiple instances together on the taskbar. Other than that, I am still clueless.