Issues with today's patch of WinEQ2

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Deloehne
GamingTools Subscriber

Issues with today's patch of WinEQ2

Post by Deloehne » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 am

My setup has three accounts on the same pc. I run with the automatic patch disabled on all three accounts. The change today that re-enabled the patch feature appears to have caused me, at least issues:

(1) none of the EQ accounts would launch.
(2) I changed the first of the three to enable patch. It launched to the main Station Launcher window, but when I click Play I briefly see 'Playing' but then the button reverts to 'Play' after several seconds, and while I can click again to repeat the cycle, I cannot get past that. If left idle, Station Launcher disappears from the screen. I changed all three instances to enable patching but that did not help.
(3) Rebooting does not help
(4) I can run Launchpad (non admin mode) with WinEQ2 running. It runs EQ full screen and not within a WinEQ2 instance.

Link to Sysinfo.txt https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/951 ... ysInfo.txt

If I left anything out,
Think of it as evolution in action.

eqjunkie68
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjunkie68 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 am

Same thing is happening for me, I cant launch anything via WinEQ2. Ctrl-Alt-Tab has the EQ executables in processes but login screen wont pop up so cant get in. Even ran the everquest patcher directly and nothing updated but a couple of maps so its a WinEQ2 problem.

Please fix.

kazowi
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by kazowi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 am

Same issue here, Wineq is directed to the right path, loads when i open the profile but no window pops up. Process of EQ running in the background though.

Running everything in administrator mode too so that is not the problem.

any help would be nice considering i have paid for this program for almost 6 years now

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 am

This morning I updated WinEQ 2 again to revert the previous changes and replace them with a more compatible version of Launchpad support...

Kazowi, did you get the 7/31 update or are you using the 7/27 update of WinEQ 2?

eqjunkie68
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjunkie68 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Still not fixed the problem. Tested it again this morning after shutting down WinEQ2 and repatching. Same thing happens EQ wont load, can see it running in processes but nothing launching.

kazowi
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by kazowi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm

eqjunkie68 wrote:Still not fixed the problem. Tested it again this morning after shutting down WinEQ2 and repatching. Same thing happens EQ wont load, can see it running in processes but nothing launching.
same exact problem i am having, and yes i updated to the 7/31 patch

eqjunkie68
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjunkie68 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am

I even went as far as a System Restore and that didnt fix it, so as I loaded it up it started patching itself again. Wish we could disable auto update I mean if its not broke why fix it. Was working fine before

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:32 am

I rolled back another change and pushed an update just now, please restart WinEQ 2 and see if the 8/1/2013 update restores it for you.
eqjunkie68 wrote:I even went as far as a System Restore and that didnt fix it, so as I loaded it up it started patching itself again. Wish we could disable auto update I mean if its not broke why fix it. Was working fine before
Are you kidding me, the one and only reason I pushed a WinEQ 2 update is that it was broken. The Launchpad would not work at all with WinEQ 2, and from time to time accounts cannot log in without using the Launchpad. I have also been getting crash reports every day for a few weeks.

There's a patch disable function that's built into wineq2.ini but is not a UI option on the software. You can open up the ini file and put in "patch=0" under [General]

Deloehne
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Deloehne » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am

I'm good waiting out the fix. Alt-Tabbing windows is not ideal, but it's working for now.
Think of it as evolution in action.

kazowi
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by kazowi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:21 pm

your 8/1/13 update fixed it for me! thank you so much!

eqjunkie68
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjunkie68 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Working for me again now also. Yay