Next EQ Patch possibly Breaks WinEQ

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

giddemore
GamingTools Subscriber

Next EQ Patch possibly Breaks WinEQ

Post by giddemore » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 pm

I've been reading this thread at work and noticed that people were saying that the new patch on test breaks WinEQ. SoE did say they were going to compile Everquest differently starting this patch so this may have something to do with it. How it breaks it I have no idea but will post later when I get home and check it myself

Link to thread

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=189140

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Honestly the things people are saying in that thread look 0% different than what they have been saying since the new EQ patcher, which is that if you have the Patch option ON in WinEQ 2, then WinEQ 2 is not going to hook into the new patcher, and therefore also not into the game. (Which to a lot of people means "my wineq 2 hotkeys dont work")

I will probably just have to finally remove the Patch option and leave it permanently off for EQ1.

Definitely let me know if you find out anything different. :)

teamiksar
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by teamiksar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

wineq works perfectly when you have patch set to off. or it does for me. but i've tested this with the new patch on test (eqwin patch set to off obv) and when you launch eq it closes eqwin and you get some small error window with no text in it. i assume this is from eqwin.

so it's not the same thing as people who have failed to read and set their patch option to off.

i don't want to switch to isboxer because i'm old and set in my ways. does it do the same thing eqwin does (plus more i'm sure).

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes, ISBoxer does what WinEQ 2 does and more. As a current subscriber, there is nothing stopping you from trying it out, there's a Quick Setup Wizard to get you going and it should only take a couple of minutes.

I'll see what I can find out about the error with WinEQ 2 on test, thanks for the info.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm

WinEQ 2 is updated as of now to resolve this issue. You can either re-download the installer from the web site or re-launch WinEQ 2 as Administrator and it should be able to patch up.

Enjoy :)

giddemore
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by giddemore » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Much appreciated Lax.