Window Resolution/Size on Laptop WideScreen Display (EQ)

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

BlackOp
GamingTools Subscriber

Window Resolution/Size on Laptop WideScreen Display (EQ)

Post by BlackOp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 am

The problem I'm having is that I can't get a WinEQ2 window to use the full Desktop space but leave my task bar fully exposed. (Like a normal Maximized EQ Window.)

This appears to be related to my customized task bar... (Small Icons, Double Height for my Toolbar).

My Desktop resolution is set to 1280x800 (the max my laptop supports), and I play EQ in a Maximized Window. (And up to 3 sessions at present.)

When I "maximize" (re-size) the height, I end up with with a gap of unused space on the side.

When I "maximize" (re-size) the width, I end up with the WinEQ2 window extending behind the task bar. (WinEQ2 "always on top" is disabled)

I've been through the wiki and forums, and have tinkered with the "added" in-game display resolutions. The 1280x744 resolution would be perfect, if I didn't have a double height task bar. I've tried using the "Reset Window" (position) option, and while it puts the entire EQ Screen in the space I want, I loose the Application Title Bar, as it moves off-screen above the top of my display.

From my own observations, I think a resolution of 1280x720 would be exactly what I want, however I've found no option to add a custom resolution myself.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:46 am

You can open up the eqclient.ini file(s) in question and change the WinEQHeight and WinEQWidth lines to match the resolution you want. :)

BlackOp
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by BlackOp » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:01 am

/facepalm on

I didn't even think about the eqclient.ini file... (it's only been about 6 years since I played.)

Thanks Lax. I'll have to tinker with the settings until I get the desired results... awesome job, as usual.

/facepalm off