How do you get Wineq2 to work with launchpad 4 in Everquest?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Lobster
GamingTools Subscriber

How do you get Wineq2 to work with launchpad 4 in Everquest?

Post by Lobster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

We are being forced to use launchpad 4 now. When I go to log in as normal LP4 automatically comes up, and seemingly bypasses wineq in doing so. It's as if I were launching the game without using wineq at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I hope's it's something stupid on my end, because I just paid for another yearly subscription:(

andy c
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by andy c » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 am

Same issue.

Turning off patcher gives error message

WinEQ2 cannot launch the game
failed to execute D:\Games\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe(2E4)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

2E4 is also known as 740, error code 740 is as follows:
System error code 740 means "The requested operation requires elevation." This error code may also display as "ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED" or as the value 0x2E4.
What this means is that to launch eqgame.exe may require you to Run WinEQ 2 as Administrator. (right click the WinEQ 2 shortcut and select Run as Administrator)

Lobster
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Lobster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 am

Still no go for me. Yes, I can turn patch off, and it works, but with patch enabled, it uses LP4, and thus logs into EQ normally without wineq2 working. and it does this even though I am using the shortcut to launch, that I created via my wineq2 options. Does wineq not work with LP4? or am I "still" doing something wrong?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:13 am

The new launchers are not supported by WinEQ 2 at this time, it is recommended to patch outside of WinEQ 2.

I will see if it can be updated to specifically support the new launcher. WinEQ 2 is "legacy" software though, last time I did an update people complained about having to download new DirectX support packages and whatnot. Many people have also been moving on to ISBoxer (same subscription). :)

Lobster
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Lobster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

TY that would be cool. I have been just bypassing the patcher for now though. Really only need to use it if there's a patch. I'll look into the ISboxer, as well.

Manni
GamingTools Subscriber

Problem in Wineq2.0 AND ISBoxer

Post by Manni » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm

mh... I have the same problem but I thought I take a look to ISBoxer and there is also some kind of problem when switching the screens. Sometimes it works, sometimes it needs endless time or doesn't work and I am still lost in all the functionality there. I would like to test that but working gradually deeper into IS-System but I even don't get a configuration like WinEQ+Macroquest+EQBCS running. Hanging on the simple Window switching.

Is that also due to the new Launchpad 4?

Lodian
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Lodian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 pm

WinEQ2 doesn't seem to work at all with the current launcher scheme. Even if you try to bypass it, turn patcher off etc... it still won't launch, so no fullscreen emulation, tiling.. nothing.

bandoslav
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by bandoslav » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 am

I just re-subscribed for Wineq Pro and decided to play EQ for the first time since the march 16th game update.

When i get to character select screen, none of my characters are there. It shows 0/0 characters. This does this for all 3 accounts.

If I launch the game through the native EQ launchpad, all my characters are there and I can play the game.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am

I just re-subscribed for Wineq Pro and decided to play EQ for the first time since the march 16th game update.

When i get to character select screen, none of my characters are there. It shows 0/0 characters. This does this for all 3 accounts.

If I launch the game through the native EQ launchpad, all my characters are there and I can play the game.
The ONLY thing you should have to do is make sure the Patch option in WinEQ 2 is set to OFF. WinEQ 2 Preferences -> EverQuest -> Profiles -> WinEQ 2.0 Default Profile (or your custom profile) -> Patch. OFF.

The new launcher should have absolutely zero effect on WinEQ 2 operation when Patch is disabled. I'll be doing a maintenance update to WinEQ 2 soon that removes this option for EQ1...

bandoslav
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by bandoslav » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 am

Lax wrote:

The ONLY thing you should have to do is make sure the Patch option in WinEQ 2 is set to OFF. WinEQ 2 Preferences -> EverQuest -> Profiles -> WinEQ 2.0 Default Profile (or your custom profile) -> Patch. OFF.

The new launcher should have absolutely zero effect on WinEQ 2 operation when Patch is disabled. I'll be doing a maintenance update to WinEQ 2 soon that removes this option for EQ1...
I haven't changed anything since a couple weeks ago when i last played. Though this morning when I loaded up I noticed my lavish pro subscription expired - so I re-upped for another year. Love this product btw.

I opened my wineq2 preferences and took a screenshot of what i think you mean

I've changed nothing, this is the default settings that are currently not working. Is this the no-patch option you mean?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:15 am

Yes, that is the option I meant.

I did some googling and I think I have found the answer.

Source: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=184192
The people in the linked thread indicate that if your client is not patched up, then you may see an empty character list at character selection screen.

This is different than typically expected behavior from previous EQ patches, where the game would disconnect instead of allowing you to see the character selection screen.

What I suspect is happening is that your Launchpad 4 installation of EQ1 is now in a different location than WinEQ 2 is configured to launch. The default location for an EQ1 installation is now C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest. You have WinEQ 2 pointing at C:\EverQuest. It is entirely possible that you now have two copies of EverQuest, and that WinEQ 2 is launching the unpatched one.

bandoslav
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by bandoslav » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Lax wrote:
What I suspect is happening is that your Launchpad 4 installation of EQ1 is now in a different location than WinEQ 2 is configured to launch. The default location for an EQ1 installation is now C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest. You have WinEQ 2 pointing at C:\EverQuest. It is entirely possible that you now have two copies of EverQuest, and that WinEQ 2 is launching the unpatched one.
Okay, this turned out to be the problem. I had downloaded the patcher for Test-only a week ago, and apparently the Test-only application icon over-wrote my normal patch icon. So I was patching for test, then loading to an un-patched live.

Thanks for looking up the info and helping me out on this. I was stumped.

lsanders
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by lsanders » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm

ok ...i am old and not computer savy.....since new launchpad my hotkey(ctrl/shift) to toggle toons doesn't work...about to have to renew my subscription and need this fixed...what do i do?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 am

Just right click WinEQ 2, select WinEQ 2 Preferences, go into the options for your EverQuest Profile, and make sure "Patch" is set to "OFF".