Everquest II - new Launchpad.exe with AoD expansion

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

dodecadom
GamingTools Subscriber

Everquest II - new Launchpad.exe with AoD expansion

Post by dodecadom » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 pm

The names of the 2 previous launchers for eq2 are hard coded into the present version of WinEQ 2.0. These are eq2.exe and everquest2.exe for patch-on and patch-off respectively. Current installations of Everquest II get a new executable Launchpad.exe but the 2 older launchers are still there and probably should not be used in the long run. New installations of EQII have neither of the 2 old launchers.

I tryed renaming launchpad.exe-->eq2.exe as a workaround but this does not work. This is not wineq 2 's fault...just clicking on the renamed exe causes it to run and immediately abort.

On an old installation running the patch option works at the moment...except that the new launchpad.exe gets corrupted by the old patcher (on my setup at least).

For a short time the most viable option for an old installation is to run the new launchpad.exe to get the patching and then run your game thru the nopatch option of wineq2.

I don't see a workaround for a new installation.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm

everquest2.exe is not a launcher, it is the game client. To my knowledge, it should still work fine to disable patching.