WinEQ performance

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ performance

Post by rekre » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello, I use WINEQ2 pro for EQ1 under win7 x64

It seems to be alot more laggy than if I run EQ just clean, and the fps is much higher..

I have tried tinkering with play nice options but nothing helped, and I can't seem to turn off eqplaynice incase thats where the problem is.

Any comments on that??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:00 pm

If you're referring to "flickering", this is the Rendering Limiting feature of EQPlayNice.

The option to disable EQPlayNice entirely is in the WinEQ 2 preferences window under EverQuest, just set EQPlayNice to OFF and then close and restart WinEQ 2 and any open EQ windows.

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rekre » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

When I run eq under wineq fps sometimes drop to 18-20 when i look around in lobby for instance, and it will never go over 50 no matter what limit I set it to or disable playnice..

Dunno the fps without wineq but it runs much smoother then.
I love wineq for when I box, but its rather annoying with this lag.

I have a core I5 750 16g ram MSI radeon 5770 Hawk on win7 ultimate.

Should be plenty powerful to make good fps.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

As far as over 50, if I recall correctly WinEQ 2 is forcing vertical sync to be enabled, which ties the maximum framerate to your monitor's refresh rate.

Another thing worth mentioning is that WinEQ 2's CPU Affinity setting, if enabled, is going to round-robin through all of your CPU cores. With an i5 or i7, some of the CPU cores are logical rather than physical, and cannot fully support a game instance, and WinEQ 2 does not correctly handle this. You can disable WinEQ's setting to prevent this issue, but then you have to manually adjust the CPU affinity. If you do this through the Windows task manager, CPU 0 will be real and CPU 1 is fake, CPU 2 is real and CPU 3 is fake. Pair a real CPU with a fake CPU for each game window.

I recommend using ISBoxer instead... it's covered by your current subscription and provides a variety of other new features for you to take advantage of, like one click to launch your entire team into whatever window arrangement you like. It also does not have the issues described above -- you can select which CPU cores each instance will use, and does not force v-sync.

rekre
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rekre » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 am

Lax wrote:As far as over 50, if I recall correctly WinEQ 2 is forcing vertical sync to be enabled, which ties the maximum framerate to your monitor's refresh rate. .
I do have an old CRT monitor actually, but it's set to 85HZ - I am getting a new monitor one of these days, but I think V.Sync is even slower on that one.
In anycase 40-50fps would be fine, but when it gets lower than 20 it really impacts on the game.

I will check out ISboxer for sure.

Thanks for the replies :)