Wineq issue since latest SOE Patch April 27th 2011

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Wineq issue since latest SOE Patch April 27th 2011

Post by Upshot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:53 am

Hi,

I have been using wineq pro for a numbers of years now. I don't wish to use IS boxer as I can't get the resoultion I want for my custom UI as I dont want to use windows mode. I also prefer to run each instance from a seperate folder in my harddrive.

I 4 box so I have 4 version's of EQ installed and I patch each one individually when I need to. I dont use wineq to patch at all.

Since the last patch I can no longer log into wineq 2. When i click the shortcut it comes up with the noraml box initalizing WinEQ 2.0 plugins, it then hangs at 40% and comes up with the error message "Everquest II support for WinEQ was unable to initialize at this time ( -14)"

I can run EQ in standalone mode or IS Boxer (which I dont want to).

I have tried re installing Wineq3, I have reset my password and done a full file scan using launchpad. None of these help.

Any suggestions please. I have made no changes to my PC and wineq was working perfectly prior to the latest SOE Patch

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Upshot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:55 am

[quote]I have tried re installing Wineq3[/quote]

That should say wineq2

Lax
Owner

Re: Wineq issue since latest SOE Patch April 27th 2011

Post by Lax » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 am

Upshot wrote:I have been using wineq pro for a numbers of years now. I don't wish to use IS boxer as I can't get the resoultion I want for my custom UI as I dont want to use windows mode. I also prefer to run each instance from a seperate folder in my harddrive.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but you can use the same folders and ISBoxer forces the game into a window the same as WinEQ 2 does, and you should be able to use the exact same resolution you do with WinEQ 2.

The -14 thing though is suggesting that your connection quality is poor or your bandwidth is saturated, and a reset of your router/cable modem/PC/etc could potentially clear it up.